Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after updating my UVO to version 013, I'm now having much trouble giving the vocal command "call NAME". UVO places the command then asks to confirm by "Say yes or repeat your command" which it didn't do before update. Problem is "yes" or repeating the command have no effect. The UVO enters a loop and asks again and again to say yes or repeat the command. I called the dealer. He didn't know what to make of it. Called another dealer and knew all about it. Microsoft too and is supposed to be working on the problem. But for most users, the radio is affected and the vocal command enters the loop. Not my UVO: only the phone. Are there some other users that have this problem. I still have the files of the 010 update. Do you think it's possible to go back to this version until Microsoft has a fix for this damn bug.
Thanks to share.

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
I updated my UVO to version 013 in Mid December. I have not experienced any bugs with this OS in combination with my Droid Razr M phone. All of my phone, voice command, and bluetooth functions work fine. There are a lot of variables with smart phones. It is almost impossible for software developers to account for all of them.

You should be able to revert back to version 010 as long as you follow the exact steps in the TBS. The worst possible case is the UVO system "freezes up" and KIA will swap it out with another one under warranty.

·
Registered
Rio5 SX, White/Beige leather, UVO
17 Posts
Same here. I've been using 013 since February and haven't experienced any of the bugs you have. It could be the firmware is simply revealing a flaw that was already present in your hardware, and in that case it would be under warranty.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Haven't experienced it yet. Only use it once or twice a week.

But I do know it works accurately if I tip my head back slightly and speak into the microphone. And not yell. Normal voice.

People like the UVO hands free better than my in-phone iPhone4 hands free.

Go figure. ^_^

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
whew, glad i have a normal radio in mine. :)

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX 6spd
59 Posts
I didn't realize I didn't have the latest UVO, I did an update last year sometime and didn't see there was a second one.

In any case, I ran the update, and have had no issues with voice recognition.

I did, as per the instructions, delete and re-pair my phone.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
Clear White 2012 Kia Rio5 EX w/ Technology pkg.
25 Posts
I updated my UVO to version 013 in Mid December. I have not experienced any bugs with this OS in combination with my Droid Razr M phone. All of my phone, voice command, and bluetooth functions work fine. There are a lot of variables with smart phones. It is almost impossible for software developers to account for all of them.

You should be able to revert back to version 010 as long as you follow the exact steps in the TBS. The worst possible case is the UVO system "freezes up" and KIA will swap it out with another one under warranty.
I also have the UVO and a RAZR M. One thing I've noticed that bugs me is that when I'm streaming audio to it, it only shows the first song info, and doesn't change unless I use track up or dn, and then it's one song off. Does the new update have this same issue?

Thanks.

Jay

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
I also have the UVO and a RAZR M. One thing I've noticed that bugs me is that when I'm streaming audio to it, it only shows the first song info, and doesn't change unless I use track up or dn, and then it's one song off. Does the new update have this same issue?

Thanks.

Jay
Jay

I do not have this issue with my RAZR M and update 013. I do not remember if it was a problem when I was on OS version 010.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts