Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2013 EX V6 with premium package #1, which includes the UVO system wit the small screen that doesn't have GPS. Would it be possible to upgrade to the larger screen system that includes GPS? And if so, anyone know the approximate cost? Thanks...

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
I don't mean to be discouraging but I have to say that if a good GPS with an easily readable screen is your objective, you're considerably better off with a portable GPS system. For example, a Garmin 3590LMT with a 5" screen, voice control, traffic, and lifetime maps will run you less than $400 from Amazon. No monthly subscription for real-time traffic and frequent map updates (unlike the KIA system.) Traffic updates in the KIA system are in 30 minute intervals. Garmin updates every 30 seconds.

In addition, keep in mind that you'll give up some of the features of the UVO system if you replace the head unit with the nav system. Eliminates some voice controls over music and HD radio, for example.

I can understand your preference for an integrated system but if I had had the choice, I would have skipped the integrated nav system and gone with the UVO and a portable GPS unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts