Kia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD
1 Posts
I'm sorry, there's miscommunication here, my fault. I don't have the map/gps uvo. I have the UVO radio with e-Services. I needed to know if I need to load the OS, how to do it and where to find it. Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion. The dealership said there was nothing they could do. It loads to 60% and stops. Wouldn't turn off or respond to any controls. The soft and hard resets failed. I just assumed it's fried but if not I'd like to fix it.
View attachment 115847
Any luck getting this fixed? We noticed the media screen was frozen on Saturday and by Monday morning the battery was dead. Firestone could not identify a drain and Autozone said the battery is good. Seems like we have the same issue you mentioned.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX
1 Posts
I'm sorry, there's miscommunication here, my fault. I don't have the map/gps uvo. I have the UVO radio with e-Services. I needed to know if I need to load the OS, how to do it and where to find it. Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion. The dealership said there was nothing they could do. It loads to 60% and stops. Wouldn't turn off or respond to any controls. The soft and hard resets failed. I just assumed it's fried but if not I'd like to fix it.
View attachment 115847

Were you able to fix/solve this issue? I am having the exact problem, and have had to replace my battery as well. I am willing to replace the radio if that will solve my problem, I just don't want to go through the hassle of replacing it, just to have the same thing happen due to an underlying issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Add me to the list. My UVO system stopped working today. It loads only to 60% and does nothing more. I attempted the reset with no resolve. As anyone found a successful resolution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's fixed!! I went into the Kia service department, the mechanic plugged in a USB stick, and my media system is working again. There must have been an update that didn't push fully because my screen appearance is now different.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
770 Posts
I didn't think 2015 had UVO in the NAV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem with my 2015 Kia Sorrento, the UVO would keep trying to load and never make it all the way. Only once in a great while it would load 100% and the navigation would then display. Well it's fixed! Go to mapnsoft.com and create an account and then order a new SD card for your vehicle that will have software and map updates.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts