Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Sorento with 150k Miles with UVO system stuck in loading. Tried “reset” button and pulled “media” and then pushed back in. Still “loading”. As you know the UVO manages the radio, all media, Bluetooth, and backup camera - Kia offered to replace for $3000 ?. Anyone else have any luck correcting this situation?

Attachments

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
769 Posts
Locate the radio fuse which should be in the drivers kick panel. Reference the chart in the manual and/or cover plate over the fuses. Kill it for at least 20 min or more then try it again. Make sure the SD card is fully inserted. Pop it out and push back in (don't pull it!!! Its a spring loaded socket & if you push it like the computer socket and release it comes out, insert and push tell flush and will say in.

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
I have the exact same issue on my 2015 Kia Sorento. Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I’ve changed the fuse and reset it. Still frozen in the loading page. My battery is also being drained. I just bought a new battery a few weeks ago and yesterday my car was completely dead. I’m starting to believe the issues are connected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had any joy with this issue? My radio has been dead for 2 years now. No AM-FM radio/satelite radio/Bluetooth/backup camera.The Kia dealer, where I bought the car new, has no idea what the issue is. Microsoft/UVO has no idea. SiriusXM has no idea. Hard reset had no fix. I even left the fuse out for 6+ months to get the radios internal battery to rundown and that had no fix. Leaving the fuse in causes the car battery to rundown as the radio continuously loops the update while the car is off. I went through a car battery before I figured that out. Next step is to sacrifice a goat to the ghost of Guglielmo Marconi himself in the hope that assistance from the shadow realm will make this right.
LOVE my car but this UVO BS is for the birds.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
769 Posts
These system are very poor and Kia doesn't warranty for more than 3 years apparently. 1 out of 10 times my backing doesn't come on. After several restarts it fires up but really an issue when I don't have time to mess with it. The NAV system is the worst I ever saw in many respects. Certain not worth a fraction of what it costs. Updating the software can break the bank. Its extorsion amount for each time. I rely on my Garmin stand alone when it just has to work!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Car-part.com has many receivers that can be had for about $150 from totaled vehicles. The process to replace is not that difficult. Just involves removing plastic trim pieces. There are some YouTube videos on how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
769 Posts
These system are very poor and Kia doesn't warranty for more than 3 years apparently. 1 out of 10 times my backing doesn't come on. After several restarts it fires up but really an issue when I don't have time to mess with it. The NAV system is the worst I ever saw in many respects. Certain not worth a fraction of what it costs. Updating the software can break the bank. Its extorsion amount for each time. I rely on my Garmin stand alone when it just has to work!!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,270 Posts
This is unsettling and frustrating. It seems on the surface the only solution is the one proposed by Bob2c?
One would think the dealership could reboot these systems, no?

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
769 Posts
Have you killed power to it as mentioned above for a good period of time Eg 30 min or so. Dealers don't do much other than replace them under warranty if they are. You can only call around to dealer to find someone who know something.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage
1 Posts
Looks like there are no solutions for this problem yet. Same exact problem here. We bought our 2016 Sportage in 2017 (slightly used) for a great deal for my husband to drive. We loved the car, but for at least a year to year and a half, we have had no music/Bluetooth/navigation, etc. My husband is a musician and he just can’t take it without driving music. Neither CDs nor usb options work either. He hates the car now. We have researched this heavily and have tried all of the suggestions on this site and others to no avail. I’m thinking of seeing about getting an entirely new system installed for Father’s Day but am unsure as to how well this would work out. Like, would it fit right? Be compatible with the steering wheel buttons and all that? I am inept when it comes to this sort of thing but if anyone has found a solution, please advise!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Sorento with 150k Miles with UVO system stuck in loading. Tried “reset” button and pulled “media” and then pushed back in. Still “loading”. As you know the UVO manages the radio, all media, Bluetooth, and backup camera - Kia offered to replace for $3000 ?. Anyone else have any luck correcting this situation?
did you ever get your radio to to work I’ve had this problem for about a year on my Kia sorento 2015 sxl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had any joy with this issue? My radio has been dead for 2 years now. No AM-FM radio/satelite radio/Bluetooth/backup camera.The Kia dealer, where I bought the car new, has no idea what the issue is. Microsoft/UVO has no idea. SiriusXM has no idea. Hard reset had no fix. I even left the fuse out for 6+ months to get the radios internal battery to rundown and that had no fix. Leaving the fuse in causes the car battery to rundown as the radio continuously loops the update while the car is off. I went through a car battery before I figured that out. Next step is to sacrifice a goat to the ghost of Guglielmo Marconi himself in the hope that assistance from the shadow realm will make this right.
Did you ever figure out a solution

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 FWD
4 Posts
My uvo system died a month ago. The local Kia dealership was useless. I've been through all the online searches, forums, dealership, youtube video and friends/family mechanics to no avail. I did figure out that it wasn't the battery killing the radio but the radio killed the battery by continually trying to load the OS. I pulled the media fuse and stopped the drain. Found a LOT of used and refurbished radios on ebay with a wide range of prices and warranties. The question I'm having trouble answering is, does the replacement radio need to be flashed/reflashed to load the OS? The reflash was what I took it to the dealership for and they were useless. I couldn't get a straight answer, then they tried to charge me $140 for nothing and $850 for a refurbished radio. My mechanic son was with me and we walked out and spent the money on a nice steak dinner instead. So, does the newly installed radio come with the OS loaded, auto-upload or need the flash drive OS upload?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX V6 AWD
66 Posts
If your current chip is corrupted (looping to install) then you can now either down load or purchase the software from the web. Most times you are asked for current OS level, which you may not be able to access unless you put fuse back. I would suggest reload software (DL price is about $29, more if you need chip). Years ago the map / os was $149. Now cheaper.
I understand you maybe in a loop. Then i would invest in thenew software as you install with engine off, new chip installed. On turn on, new chip should begin update.
of course chip needs to be left installed in dash.
Since it is looping system knows chip is installed, just no data transfer!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for answering and giving me hope! Do you know where I can find instructions to follow so we can DIY?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sorry, there's miscommunication here, my fault. I don't have the map/gps uvo. I have the UVO radio with e-Services. I needed to know if I need to load the OS, how to do it and where to find it. Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion. The dealership said there was nothing they could do. It loads to 60% and stops. Wouldn't turn off or respond to any controls. The soft and hard resets failed. I just assumed it's fried but if not I'd like to fix it.

·
Registered
2013 kia Sorento
3 Posts
Mine was completely dead also. Changed the 15amp module fuse that is actually marked for the horn (had no problem with horn) the whole cames back up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts