Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave up on the sound quality of the SiriusXM radio that is built into the UVO. I have now purchased an external XM Onyx radio and the sound is fantastic. XM has the same channels as Sirius but way better quality. Even the low quality free advertising channel sounds better (the UVO still receives it). The Onyx is plugged into the audio input plug next to the USB. I can recommend this route for anybody who dislikes the poor sound of their UVO Sirius XM. Only downside is it is another item for the car, but it's mounted under the AC/Heater switches and looks good.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
This is exactly the same post as in your other thread. Why create a new thread and say the same thing? Let's minimize the clutter.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not sure people would read my reply in the other thread so wanted to make this topic more visible.

I know a few people who have given up on sat radio in the Rio due to the low audio quality. Having XM input from an external source is like night and day and can breathe new life into your system. Just be careful to pick a true XM receiver not Sirius, otherwise you will be back where you started :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts