Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that if I get the GPS/Nav system that I will lose out on the Rear Camera Display and all the UVO functionality?

If so, is it possible to get heated seats and climate control without the GPS/Nav system?

I want a Soul! at this point, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what I can and cannot get together in one vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, my significant other is telling me that if I get the GPS/Nav system, that while it displaces the UVO system, I will no lose any voice command functionality, connectivity and such just because the UVO system is gone. I think he's nuts, but what do I know? LOL!

Just what AM I giving up if I get the Premium Package???

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
it would be a big help if you would fill out your location as vehicles are not equipped the same the world over.

I'm guessing you are in the US, as you mentioned Premium Package, check out this site that might clear up some of your confusion
Kia Media
you get the back up camera with NAV. I have the UVO system so can't comment on the NAV system, however you can download the NAV owners manual from KGIS https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp for free and read all about it or perhaps a NAV owner can answer your question.

regarding the heated seats and auto climate control without NAV is not possible in the US as its all part of the Premium Package. Here in Canada heated seats are standard on every Soul model. I know on other forums that some people have got heated seats converted by the dealer (local installation).

Premium package consists of:
-- Leather seating surfaces
-- Heated front seats
-- Automatic climate control
-- Navigation system w/SiriusXM Traffic™ & rear-camera display (replaces UVO w/ HD radio & upper I/P storage bin w/cover)
-- Push-button start w/ Smart Key

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply, conwelpic!

Knowing that I cannot get the climate control and heated seats without the Nav system makes my decision easier.

I figure I will opt for the Premium Package and the Audio Upgrade Package. With these choices, will I have any voice control for the radio, such as "Play artist Rolling Stones" and/or voice control with my iPhone to be able to say "Call home"?

I'm finding the info out there to be pretty confusing. For example, in the printed brochure/booklet, it says on one page that Eco Package (where it shuts off the engine when you come to a full stop) is only available on the Soul +. In the Interior Features chart, it says that it's optional on the Base and + models, but standard on the ! model. On the Kia website, it says it's an option on the +, but N/A on the ! and base models.

VERY confusing.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Thanks for your reply, conwelpic!

I figure I will opt for the Premium Package and the Audio Upgrade Package.

I'm finding the info out there to be pretty confusing. For example, in the printed brochure/booklet, it says on one page that Eco Package (where it shuts off the engine when you come to a full stop) is only available on the Soul +. In the Interior Features chart, it says that it's optional on the Base and + models, but standard on the ! model. On the Kia website, it says it's an option on the +, but N/A on the ! and base models.
your welcome, that's why we are here to help clear up the confusion :D, now you are confusing me. Audio Upgrade is only available on the + model, Premium Package is only available on the ! model (that model already has the audio upgrade standard).

ISG Eco Package is only available as an option on the + model auto. You are getting confused between ECO Package and ACTIVE ECO system, they are two totally different things. ACTIVE ECO system is standard on any of the automatic models as it tweakes engine and transmission features for maximum economy but at the expense of performance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You'll still have the backup camera with the Premium Package. I have that package in my 2012 Soul Exclaim. Can't think of anything else I'd want, PLUS in this price range?...no way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want Navigation, only the Exclaim! has it.

Microsoft UVO is an option on the Plus
The Plus has the UVO and also has the AM/FM/CD/Satellite Radio.
With the UVO Pkg. you get Backup Camera and Hands Free UVO Commands.

Is it true that if I get the GPS/Nav system that I will lose out on the Rear Camera Display and all the UVO functionality?

If so, is it possible to get heated seats and climate control without the GPS/Nav system?

I want a Soul! at this point, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what I can and cannot get together in one vehicle.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
If you want Navigation, only the Exclaim! has it.

Microsoft UVO is an option on the Plus
The Plus has the UVO and also has the AM/FM/CD/Satellite Radio.
With the UVO Pkg. you get Backup Camera and Hands Free UVO Commands.
you need to read the replies to the OP's question as this was answered two months. :D

·
Registered
'13 Soul!,'96 Odyssey
1 Posts
Hello, I recently bought an Exclaim with nav, b/u camera, heated seats, leather, uvo, sirius, sunroof, auto climate, push button start, smart key, all of which were included in the premium package. I also got the rear spoiler, and I would not change anything about this car. The spoken command works fine and ties into my cell phone and mp3s in my flash drive, and it all works together just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts