Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2012 Sorento, but UVO problems have dogged me from day one.

Is anybody else bothered by a UVO software bug that causes mp3 CDs and MP3s on thumb drives to play in ABC order instead of playlist or album order?

The issue is demonstrated in the following youtube link:

iPods play fine and I seem to be in the minority when it comes to the mp3 CD/thumb drive usage. After 18 months of pestering Kia Consumer Assistance, (and yes I felt like a pest and not a customer), they finally acknowledged that this problem is not actually a problem and this is how the UVO system was designed. Case closed. Never mind that the problem was "redesigned" and corrected in the 2014 models. And never mind that every other car stereo that I have ever used doesn't have this problem, er "design".

In the past 18 months I have seen only one firmware update which fixed a clicking problem when playing iPods and up until yesterday I had a silly hope that a future update would fix this other issue, but now it is my understanding that Kia is not interested in supporting the UVO system in my Sorento. It must not bother the majority of users so it's not worth their time. Any thoughts or input would appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Kia Sorento LX AWD convenience pkg
8 Posts
Get over it.

If you knew anything about computer / software programming you might understand. Maybe ask Kia for the source code and make a software patch yourself.

Real Solutions:
Buy aftermarket radio unit
Put mp3 on phone / SD card and stream via bluetooth.
BEST OPTION ---- trade in for a 14 Sorento.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Get over it.

If you knew anything about computer / software programming you might understand. Maybe ask Kia for the source code and make a software patch yourself.

Real Solutions:
Buy aftermarket radio unit
Put mp3 on phone / SD card and stream via bluetooth.
BEST OPTION ---- trade in for a 14 Sorento.
WTF - if you can't help, keep it to yourself. I experienced the same thing as described but decided to live with it since it's minor. iPod/USB hookup is very bad. This could have easily be remedied by providing more storage (a lot more than 700mb).

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Another option is to use one of the many mp3 tagging programs to rename all your mp3's with the track number before the song title.

When I can actually get my USB fobs to play in the unit, I don't have this problem though. I updated my firmware to the latest available late last year.

I've kinda given up on it at this point and just put a 64GB microSD in my phone and stream music from there. The UVO system has been a major disappointment for me in terms of how it handles USB content (but not for the same reason).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts