Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX AWD V6
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
As I have posted before issues with Bluetooth.
I still have not found any solutions.
My Main gripe is that I listen to music through Spotify, and I LOVE IT!
But so far, I cannot find a healthy way to enjoy my playlists in my new car.

My preferred way: Bluetooth
Bluetooth has a scratchy static Hi end frequencies that I just rather not listen to music at all. Functionality is perfect, I got to say.
Connects to my Iphone 5 Running IOS 6.12 perfectly and does not loose connection.
Skips songs, shuffels all the goodness of control, but just a horrible sound.

Then I tried connecting My Iphone with the apple cable to the USB port.
Ok, now I get crystal clear sound. I was excited until I found the most annoying BUG with UVO.
When I play a song on spotify, I have to hit the play button on the UVO screen as well.. Then sunddenly on its own in the middle of playback it switches to my Ipod songs and plays the first song alphabetically.
So I have to switch back to spotify on my phone, and hit play again and it plays spotify again..to then switch itself back to Ipod playback to that first song.
Unusable...
Besides that big BUG, when you skip a song, whether its in the UVo Screen or the Iphone, you have to then click the play button on the Uvo Screen for it to sound (even though the song is running already on spotify in the phone)

Its a Mess..

Im left with the Aux way:
I have not tried that yet. But its def. the Poor mans way to fix this.

I have tried going to my kia service, and they dont know.
I called Kia customer support and they made me go again to my service center so they can speak to them with my car there..
Nothing.. Im just out of luck here.

All I know is that I Highly suspect the UVO system for being Buggy, at least in those aspects, and I also suspect the Bluetooth antenna that streams the audio to perhaps be faulty or just poor quality..

Any one know what kind of Audio gets streamed with the new UVO Systems?

Any Takers??

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX AWD
26 Posts
Even though I have no problems with scratchy sound via Bluetooth I Aux anyway. Bluetooth seems to cut off the high and low frequencies, or is lowering the bitrate and it sounds not nearly as good as Aux'd. Next step this week will be to connect via aux behind the dash and route the cable into the center console, same with USB so I can charge.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
18 Posts
Hi All,
Then I tried connecting My Iphone with the apple cable to the USB port.
Ok, now I get crystal clear sound. I was excited until I found the most annoying BUG with UVO.
Unusable...
Besides that big BUG, when you skip a song, whether its in the UVo Screen or the Iphone, you have to then click the play button on the Uvo Screen for it to sound (even though the song is running already on spotify in the phone)

Its a Mess..
I just got my 2014 w/o Nav last night, and spent a few wee hours around midnight trying to figure out how to get Pandora working on my iPhone. Same result. Anytime I plug in phone - Music plays automatically. Start Pandora, it plays, but either randomly switches to Music (alphabetic track), or if I skip in Pandora, it switches to Music again.

From what I can tell, this is partly by-design (Autoplay on plug-in), and potentially a bug.

Either way, I assume it'll never get fixed because:
1. Kia is going Google for 2014+
2. It's Windows 7 Embedded, and MS doesn't seem to roll out bug-fixes for it
3. See #2, it's an iPhone with a Windows conflict. High-priority fix, no? :-/.

I've got a $10 USB (Charge) + Aux cable on the way from Amazon. It'll make the steering wheel buttons useless, but it's the same setup from my Subaru, and I was happy with that, so no huge loss for me.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
18 Posts
I got my $10 cable today, and can confirm that it works great on my 2014 Sorento, with UVO stereo. It shows the "Aux connected" label on the screen, the buttons on the steering wheel are 1/2 useless, but damn, it works, that's all I ask.

As an aside, for some reason I'm getting Satellite stereo (demo period?), and damn, the interface is pure crap. I can't imagine using that without just a few presets - at least with Satellite TV you can quick scroll through the list of 500 channels. The UVO interface is painfully slow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.