Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2014 Kia Sorento with the UVO system. I have an iPhone and have paired with the system via Bluetooth. It seems to work OK for phone calls except for the following. If you want to pick up an incoming phone call or make an outgoing phone call in “Private” mode (not through the speakers in the car, but ON the phone itself) it ties up the UVO system so that no music (radio or otherwise) can play until that phone call is completed. On the UVO screen I see one button to press which is “Handsfree” – if I pressed that it would move the call from the phone to the UVO system and through the cars speakers. That is the ONLY option I have so there is no way to get the music back to playing, once again, until the phone call is completed. This is annoying when my wife is on the phone but I still want to listen to music/radio, etc. Any ideas?

So far, Kia dealer has told me that to fix this I would have to NOT pair my phone with the car. Which sort of defeats the purpose really... :D

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,235 Posts
I thought that it was normal to kill the music when you're on the phone, either "open" or "private". The music might be REALLY LOUD and you wouln't be able to use the phone in that case.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD, 2011 Subaru Impreza STi Limited
127 Posts
Normal operation. Not sure why you would want it any other way...

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
162 Posts
speaking of connection with the bluetooth. I've also noticed while driving with the air conditioner on that the fan speed will slow down to quiet the interior a tad so that you can communicate with the UVO or talking during your phone call. I thought that was a nice touch!

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
41 Posts
Yep, noticed that today on my Sorento (bought in Monday). I love that feature as I usually keep my phone on vibrate and I miss a lot of calls. Now I know I have a call coming in since the radio mutes. Caller ID/Contacts also appear on the UVO screen which is awesome!!!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
hope you guys are not driving when using the phones in your vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts