Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manual mentions you should be able to hold tons of songs and I am maxed out at around 120 on normal mp3 file size...Does anyone else have the same issue or doing something different or format?

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Manual mentions you should be able to hold tons of songs and I am maxed out at around 120 on normal mp3 file size...Does anyone else have the same issue or doing something different or format?
TBH I've never used the internal hard drive. It seems kind of useless when you have a USB port. I use a 16GB flashdrive that is left plugged in all the time. It holds about all the music I need.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
the Jukebox does not have a very large capacity, only 700 mb (size of one CD). It depends on how you format your conversion to mp3 (I used 128 kb format), I have got well in excess of 400 tracks, but then again it also depends how long your tracks are too.

I also have a 8 gb mini-flashdrive in the USB port that I leave in all the time, and just add and delete tracks as required making use of the Jukebox and USB like two different radio stations and just switch back and forth as I want. At the moment I keep a lot of my really old tracks on the Jukebox and more current stuff on my flashdrive.

I have over 50 years of music that I have been gathering so it takes a very long time for me to every get through any of it, enjoy it so much I very rarely listen to regular radio anymore.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious if you could attach/hook up an external hard drive to the usb and use it like you are a usb stick?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.