Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 KIA Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that my 16gb (only about 1000 songs on it) Flash Drive works intermittently. Upon first plugging it in and for several days thereafter it will work flawlessly. Now, in the middle of playing a song from it UVO will try to 'recognize/ read the media- this may take several minutes' or something to that effect. On occasion it will find the media and play and on other occasions it will not find anything and ask me to plug a device in. I've tried multiple flash drives of varying sizes and have tried multiple formats.

Has anyone else experienced this? This morning I called the dealership and was told "yea, that's gonna happen" basically.

Help?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum with your first posting.

I use a 16 gb flashdrive in my UVO system occasionally and haven't noticed any problem. I am currently using a 8 gb and no problem so far. You can always reset the system and see if solves it.

Would be helpful to members if you could fill in your profile with details of what you are driving and your location (left side, see mine as an example) as it makes it much easier to answer questions when we know these details as vehicles are necessary equipped the came from country to country and this is a worldwide forum - thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX-V6 Luxery, 2010 Toyota Corolla XRS
26 Posts
Check to see if your USB drive have some kind of "AutoRun" program. I know Sandisk have something like that, so that maybe why it is not reading the USB properly.

You can check this by putting the USB drive into your computer and see would it autoRun with program. if it does, I think you will need to either find that program and remove from the USB or format your USB so that will remove the program by formatted.

Hope this help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts