Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I just purchased a 2013 Kia Rio, and am having the same problem as many who have posted in the forums with the title, artist, etc. of the 'last' song being displayed on UVO when using bluetooth and and iPhone 3GS (fully compatible according to Kia's charts). To everyone experiencing this problem, PLEASE complain to your dealer about it so that Kia gets it resolved. As a computer programmer, I know that it *can* be fixed, but it will not happen without the proper attention. There's no better motivation than a united customer voice that translates to potential problems with brand loyalty on future purchases - PLEASE COMPLAIN TO KIA ABOUT THIS PROBLEM!!!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan
19 Posts
It sure would be nice if these UVO units were customer-upgradeable based on some updates from Microsoft/Kia that we could load via the USB port. I've done some searching but can't find any support site to even suggest improvements or provide feedback, but I know most of these features are software-based and could be improved over time.

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX 6spd
59 Posts
I believe they are.

It's either detailed in the UVO manual or on Kia's tech site. There has been at least one upgrade, but I took delivery of mine in early April and it already had it.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth show Song information

I'm a new 2013 SX optima owner and really love the car.

I'm using my android phone to stream music (bluetooth) but it's not showing the song info... just shows the device name (t-989)...

I just exchanged my mobile phone with the exact same one, I think (don't remember for sure) that my first phone DID show the music info...

Can some please help...

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
get the updates from kiatechinfo.com. mine had the bluetooth problem with display of the song title, but now that i am on the newest revision of the software, it works perfectly!

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
It sure would be nice if these UVO units were customer-upgradeable based on some updates from Microsoft/Kia that we could load via the USB port. I've done some searching but can't find any support site to even suggest improvements or provide feedback, but I know most of these features are software-based and could be improved over time.
There have been 3 UVO updates so far for the 3G Rio. I have attached the latest one to this post. This latest patch works great on my Droid RAZR M. I love streaming Pandora One over bluetooth. Very cool as you can skip songs using the steering wheel controls and the sound quality is quite good for a bluetooth connection.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts