Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 KIA SPORTAGE EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 2019 sportage about 4 months and wondering about the uvo app. I have noticed at times that it will show the miles on my app, but it doesn't show it all the time when i use my uvo. What causes the uvo to have the miles listed on it when you check it?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
559 Posts
I believe you have to be connected to the phone by cable for that information to transfer. Not on Bluetooth

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX
145 Posts
I tried mind a few times, on two Galaxy phones and I never got it to work. I also got a notice from Kia that they were changing their app, and I never got conformation what they are using now. Its a shame but there really weren't any features I needed from the app.

·
Registered
2019 KIA SPORTAGE EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it hooked up by cable, thgat was what confused me. I thought it was supposed to work and it takes spells logging it to my uvo app.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,046 Posts
So I'll give UVO the benefit of the doubt.... Hmmm.... I really can't think of any benefits.... Given the advent of smartphones, I'm not even sure that car infotainment systems should have virtually anything but a radio, a USB port, and a tether to your smartphone. Android Auto/CarPlay are much better than built-in navigation. Smartphones have access to far more music than infotainment systems. Climate controls don't really need a screen. The parking minder "feature" needs your phone plugged in and UVO running as does most of UVO. I don't want to have my phone plugged in all of the time. Have you ever tried to get a destination from Google Maps and put it into the navigation system? I have and it is something thought up by a Rube Goldberg. I would prefer they spend the time and resources on useful features like much, much better voice recognition and AI for driver features.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts