Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
That would be nice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst the KIA Spectra's user guide recommends the use of 20-50 engine oil [and what more in hot climate like Malaysia], NAZA KIA, the sole agent for KIA in Malaysia does not allow the use of such viscosity during general service during the warranty period and recommends fully synthetic engine oil.

While they have opt for a superior choice, do they have any right to prevent a client wanting to have general servicing during the warranty period from adhering to the user guide and prefer 20-50 viscosity?

This is just a matter of principle and also to be more accomodating to those clients who only have budget for the normal mineral engine oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by puttputt@Jan 22 2005, 11:26 AM
Whilst the KIA Spectra's user guide recommends the use of 20-50 engine oil [and what more in hot climate like Malaysia], NAZA KIA, the sole agent for KIA in Malaysia does not allow the use of such viscosity during general service during the warranty period and recommends fully synthetic engine oil.

While they have opt for a superior choice, do they have any right to prevent a client wanting to have general servicing during the warranty period from adhering to the user guide and prefer 20-50 viscosity?

This is just a matter of principle and also to be more accomodating to those clients who only have budget for the normal mineral engine oil.
FOR MY FIRST 1000KM SERVICE,SC USE CALTAX FS,SECOND 10K SERVICE,I ASK TO BTING MYSELF MOBIL1,SC NOT ALLOW ME TO DO THAT,THIS TIME IS USE PETRONAS FS,THEY JUST MONEY EATER ONLY!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
That would be nice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I heard, Mobil 1 is the ref. std as for fully syn oil so it being fully syn shd also compliment the Naza KIA's SC viscosity requirement but No....it was rejected. This implies that Naza KIA has a contractual agreement to reject other engine oil makes in favour of blah.blah,blah irespective of whatever quality the other make has to offer even it was recognized by the whole world as thee NO. 1 :mellow:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts