Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just put a deposit down last night on a 2010 Kia Soul 4U in Brampton, ON, Canada.

The sales guy told me additional Kia warranty (2 years or 40k km) was included. Upon inspecting the bill today, I noticed he added $399 to the purchase price of the vehicle.

Question is, should I fight to remove it, or is it worth keeping?

I've signed the sales agreement and put down $1000, but haven't paid the rest yet.

The car is a manual with 89k km on it.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
you'll have to take that up with the sales guy, ask him why an extra charge if it was included. Only you can decide if its worth it to you for the additional time frame, sounds cheap but depends what it actually includes. Would that start after the factory warranty expires?

The balance of the factory warranty (n/c) will be transferable to you which in your case would only have 11,000 km left before it expires.

Is this purchase from a Kia dealer?

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
So even with 90k km you are still under warranty. It goes 5 years 100k km, right?
It depends how much you drive. Would you put 20k km one year? Would you put 10k km in two years?

In addition, the car could be so called "certified" what would extend the warranty as you were the first owner.

It is your choice.
However, $400 for peace of mind for additional (does it mean that it will be after manufacturer warranty expires?) 2 years/40k km sounds good to me.
It depends what is covered - bumper to bumper - one simple visit could cost you 500...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts