Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, apologies if this is not posted in the right spot...

In my 2011 Optima, I've been enjoying listening to music from a USB flash drive inserted into the USB/iPod port. If the radio is turned off or powered off from engine shutdown, playback resumes from where it was when power was removed. Additionally, if the radio is turned off prior to engine shutdown, the radio will remain off after engine start-up. I've been using a Lexar 8Gb USB 2.0 flash drive. Two weeks ago, in order access more of my music library, I purchased a Dane-Elec 16Gb USB 2.0 flash drive. Now, playback is automatic regardless of the state the radio was in prior to engine start-up; additionally, playback always reverts to the first song in the file list. I like music, but would like to have the choice of when and what I listen to.

I've already disabled autoplay on the drive itself and have even made both drives' content identical, but still get the auto playback.

Any thoughts!?

·
Registered
'11 Optima EX 2.4L GDI Automatic
330 Posts
I would say it is an issue with the USB drive itself, especially if all content and settings are the same for both drives. The only difference at this point is manufacturer.

You'd have to test another drive by the same manufacturer to test either case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts