Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego 3.8LV6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully used the Borrego USB input using larger storage device aside from a typical thumb drive???

I bought a 1tb Western Digital storage and so frustrated that it won't work in the car...Until by accident, I discovered how to make it work. So if anyone has the same issue let me know

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego 3.8LV6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, here it is....

Reformat your storage device using XBOX 360...

I tried reformatting in NTSC/FAT files using PC and a laptop and didn't work...XBOX 360 formatting works..
:)

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego 3.8LV6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very trivial but useful solution to a nagging and frustrating issue...
that's what you get when you think outside the box or in this case thinking with the xbox...

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6 AWD
1,141 Posts
So basically the 1TB hard drive is formatted as NTFS and it needs to be re-formatted to FAT32 so the head unit can read it. There are formatting software programs for your PC that will do this; you don't need an X-box.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego 3.8LV6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought that it was that simple..but as i said I tried reformatting back and forth NTFS and FAT32 using my desktop and laptop but both failed..until i tried reformatting with xbox360...i don't know the difference but sure its the xbox that did it

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6 AWD
1,141 Posts
As long as it worked for you, that's the important thing. I'd hate to have to go out and buy an X-box though, just to format an external hard drive. :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts