Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Soul+
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've searched all over online, as well as here and haven't really found an answer (if there is one)
2016 Kia Soul+ Infinity system. The USB port just up and died. I have been using Apple Carplay like since the day it was updated. Now, I can't. First world problem, to be sure, but it's a gripe. Went to the dealer and service changed out the port console under warranty, but the nada on the stereo as the warranty expired for it at 36,000.
They tell me they can't find any issue anywhere but get a reading on it "internal connection error". Anyone else have this? What can I do? Just aftermarket replacement and lose all the UVO features, etc.

Any ideas or advice, greatly appreciated!

JT

·
Registered
2017 Forté 5 SX
111 Posts
Hi! I've searched all over online, as well as here and haven't really found an answer (if there is one)
2016 Kia Soul+ Infinity system. The USB port just up and died. I have been using Apple Carplay like since the day it was updated. Now, I can't. First world problem, to be sure, but it's a gripe. Went to the dealer and service changed out the port console under warranty, but the nada on the stereo as the warranty expired for it at 36,000.
They tell me they can't find any issue anywhere but get a reading on it "internal connection error". Anyone else have this? What can I do? Just aftermarket replacement and lose all the UVO features, etc.

Any ideas or advice, greatly appreciated!

JT
Start simple and try a different Apple cable. I was getting similar error from a generic lighting cable that just quit one afternoon.

Do you have an android phone available for a test? If Android is recognized and it works your head unit may need a software upgrade.

If neither solution works I’m stumped. Hope these ideas work, if only to continue debugging the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts