Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Cee'd/Pro take a 128GB memory stick with the tunes arranged into seperate folders or is there a limit to what it will read?

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Will the Cee'd/Pro take a 128GB memory stick with the tunes arranged into seperate folders or is there a limit to what it will read?
Have not found its limits yet. Have copied lots of music to memory stick and play it using random button. Works for me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I put my ipod on, it plays my entire music library and I can skip from the steering wheel, but it ignores the playlists which is annoying, but when I put my 2GB stick in I can skip folders with the right hand side dial, but I've heard that the unit will only read a certain amount of files in one folder at one go, like 199 or something, can anyone elese confirm this before I waste £80 on a 128GB pen drive?

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
I dont know how it reads it but if i play music via USB it goes up to 199 then starts from 1 again on the counter even though its really reading track 200!

Strangely, since ive started using USB i randomly lose all my steering wheel mounted stereo buttons. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. Ive removed the USB just to see if it makes a difference. Could it be connected or just a coincidence?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know how it reads it but if i play music via USB it goes up to 199 then starts from 1 again on the counter even though its really reading track 200!

Strangely, since ive started using USB i randomly lose all my steering wheel mounted stereo buttons. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. Ive removed the USB just to see if it makes a difference. Could it be connected or just a coincidence?
So if I have a folder with all my dance music in with say 4000 songs for example, the counter will only read to 199 but the unit will read all the files?

Your problem sounds like a fault in the steering wheel to me though

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
yes, it seems to only read up to 200 then start again! Well it does on mine anyway!

Steering wheel controls playing up again today without the USB in so i guess its not that....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna test the theory with my 2GB stick then make my mind up...

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I have a 16Gb USB stick with something over 600 tracks & 10+Gb loaded, has no issues at all, plays & accesses everything on there.

Have yet to try anything bigger though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts