Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Greatings from Portugal!

I just bought the 2011 Kia Sportage (amazing car!).

I facing a problem... When i plug a 8Gb Usb Pendrive to the Kia, sometimes it reads the pen and works fine, sometimes it hocks-up and display "Empty USB".

Other times it stops playing, and the same "EMPTY USB" its displayed...

The Pendrive its formated at FAT32, with 2048bytes Allocation (as in User Manual information)

Any hint?

Tnks in advande!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Gossie,

Was you able to solve this issue? I got the same error with a new Sportage 2012.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Taro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there!

I tried a different USB PENDRIVE and different format settings...

Issue as gone... Well...Almost. No i have this 2x in a year!

Dont have the info about my pen here right now, but if you need more details let me know!

Good Luck

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well yeah,that. From my experience some USBs work better then others. Use to have one giving me read errors all the time till i just threw it out the window,bought another one and haven't had a read error for almost a year. I don't even take it out of the slot as it says in manuel lol.
(didn't throw it out the window,but it was really close)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Gossie.....Just had a similar problem this week "USB EMPTY" error as well as USB playing a couple of track and then re-reading USB and switching back to radio.

Had been using 1GB Dane-Elec memory without a problem since buying the vehicle over a year ago and changed to a 2GB similar style and filled it up and this is when I got the problems. Copied folders across to another 2GB stick (same make and style) and still same fault.

Eventually discovered that one of the folders contained .wav files instead of mp3 and after converting this folder to mp3 and reloading all the folders it seems to have cured the problem.

So make sure you do not have any .wav sound files in there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A simple solving that worked for me

Try to format the USB stick from Microsoft Windows by following these steps:
1. right click on USB drive and choose Format
2. from "File system" choose the simple "FAT" type (with Allocation unit size : 64 kilobytes)
3. then go Start

After this format, just go copy your *.mp3 files.

That worked for me!

I hope it is useful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts