Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1TB thumb drive formatted to FAT32 which I'm using for music in my Kia Soul. I have approximately 190 GB of audio files loaded onto the drive. The problem is when I try to navigate the folders on the Soul's stereo interface, I can only cycle through folders up to "BEACH" and then if I turn the knob one more click it comes back around to the first subfolder. This means I can only navigate approximately 8GB of the 190GB of music on that drive. What is going on here? Has anyone else experienced this or have ideas what might solve the issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
Kia Forte
2 Posts
What model year is it? Is it 8GB almost exactly? Sounds to me that either the radio doesn't support the file system properly (that's why I ask how exact it is) or it's just too many songs for it to handle (btw, what's the song count?). It could have been made better.

How deep are the songs inside the folders? I mean, how many folders do you have to click until you get there?

I'd suggest getting some sort of MP3 player that supports a flash drive that large. Or a new radio, perhaps one of those that comes with android or other big OS.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,531 Posts
what the year of your Soul and model?

Sounds like that is way too big of flash-drive, check your owners manual for whatever audio system you have to see what the restrictions are for the USB flash drive. It would also take a long time to load something of that size. Try something around 16 or 32 gb and see if it works better. Also what is your conversion file formats to mp3 or WMA? (there is limits on this)

I have the UVO system and have an 8gb micro flash drive with no problem, I also have a 32 gb micro flash drive but it seems to operate slightly different to the 8gb but haven't gone in to finding out why, but I can still use it okay but not sure if it misses any files.

How would you have 190 gb of music, I've been collecting music for 50 years and all that only amounts to less than 30 gb.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
6 Posts
I have a 1TB thumb drive formatted to FAT32 which I'm using for music in my Kia Soul. I have approximately 190 GB of audio files loaded onto the drive. The problem is when I try to navigate the folders on the Soul's stereo interface, I can only cycle through folders up to "BEACH" and then if I turn the knob one more click it comes back around to the first subfolder. This means I can only navigate approximately 8GB of the 190GB of music on that drive. What is going on here? Has anyone else experienced this or have ideas what might solve the issue?

Thanks
I know this thread is old but I had to reply. I doubt your 1 Terabyte USB drive is really 1TB. A 1TB USB drive would have been expensive in 2016. You probably got a hacked 8GB drive that is spoofed to look like 1TB in Windows. They are all over EBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts