1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi readers,
Greetings! :)
Hope you all r doing well.
I have bought a KIA CERATO, 2012 last month semi automatic with central door locking system and automatic transmission. The problem is that when I am driving at any speed (say 120 kmph), although the doors are centrally locked, but when I am trying to open the doors by moving the handle, it opens without even unlocking it.
I am afraid of my 2 year old son who sometimes sits with me in the front. Please help me in this regard if you have any solutions to this.
Thanks in advance. My mail id is: [email protected]

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
you need to say in your profile where you are located as vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide.

If I'm understanding this correctly you say you open your door at 120 kmph and it opens -why would you be doing that???
Children of that age should not be sitting in the front at any time. They should be in the appropriate child restraint system seat in the back. The rear doors usually have child-safety locks. (based on the Forte model sold in North America) and can only be opened from the outside regardless of what they try on the inside.

With the central locking system (at least on my Soul) when pressed in the locked position you can open the front doors from the inside but not the rears unless you unlock it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to say in your profile where you are located as vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide.

If I'm understanding this correctly you say you open your door at 120 kmph and it opens -why would you be doing that???
Children of that age should not be sitting in the front at any time. They should be in the appropriate child restraint system seat in the back. The rear doors usually have child-safety locks. (based on the Forte model sold in North America) and can only be opened from the outside regardless of what they try on the inside.

With the central locking system (at least on my Soul) when pressed in the locked position you can open the front doors from the inside but not the rears unless you unlock it.
Hi, Thanx for ur reply. First of all, I am residing in Middle East (Saudi Arabia) and of course I won't open my door at 120 kmph but sometimes my son has to sit in front with me alone on the passenger seat. Now, it becomes dangerous because he is still 2 years and doesn't have that much understanding. Of course, rear doors are equipped with child safety lock system, but my concern is that the door at the passenger seat shouldn't open (while driving).
If it is a feature, I wan't to disable it because I don't feel this safe at all.
If you can help me in this regard, I shall be really thankful.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
Hi, Thanx for ur reply. First of all, I am residing in Middle East (Saudi Arabia) and of course I won't open my door at 120 kmph but sometimes my son has to sit in front with me alone on the passenger seat. Now, it becomes dangerous because he is still 2 years and doesn't have that much understanding. Of course, rear doors are equipped with child safety lock system, but my concern is that the door at the passenger seat shouldn't open (while driving).
If it is a feature, I wan't to disable it because I don't feel this safe at all.
If you can help me in this regard, I shall be really thankful.
would be helpful if you would fill out your LOCATION and DRIVES profile - thanks.

However, as I stated previously your son should not be riding in the front seat at any time.
It is very dangerous and the owners manual clearly states this. You are very concerned with your son's safety (which is commendable) but at the same time you want to put him in a seat that could be lethal to him. How are you restraining him in the front seat at the present time?

I'm sure that even in your part of the world there will be info in this regard in the Safety features section of your owners manual. Here's a quote from the Child Restraint System section of the owners manual for a 2012 Forte (US)

"Children riding in the car should sit in the rear seat and must always be properly restrained to minimize the risk of injury in an accident, sudden stop or sudden maneuver. According to accident statistics, children are safer when properly restrained in the rear seats than in the front seat."

"Children of all ages are safer when restrained in the rear seat. A child riding in the front passenger seat can be forcefully struck by an inflating air bag resulting in serious or fatal injuries."

"Children often squirm and re-position themselves improperly. Never let a child ride with the shoulder belt under their arm or behind their back. Always properly position and secure children in rear seat."

concerned about him opening the front passengers door while travelling will be the least of your worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts