Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Kia Ceed SW 3 CRDi, 2009 Kia Soul 2 CRDi
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of fitting a genuine Kia towbar (made by Witter) to my SW. However, I'm struggling with the wiring loom. Does anyone have the Kia fitting instructions? I've got some cut wires to identify and far more connectors than I was expecting.
....that's the problem of buying something second hand!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After lots of Googling, I've found these instructions, which are the same for the new shape Ceed and is the same as the wiring loom I've got.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need help again - Does anyone know the location of the PDC Control unit (parking sensors)?

I need to cut a wire on this, but can't locate it.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but the towbar is now fitted - I found the instructions online.
But I still can't find the location of the PDC Control unit in the vehicle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi d3matt,

I am just about to start fitting the same wiring loom to my Ceed SW, did you locate the PDC control unit? If so, would you be kind enough to enlighten me so I am not left scratching my head.

regards,
Greg

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I still don't know where it is fitted.
It's not a major problem as it just means the parking sensors are on a constant "beep" when you select reverse if you have something on your towbar. I does sort of remind you there's something else behind you.
The two wires in the loom that connect to the PDC unit just disables the sensors when something is plugged into the towbar electrics socket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply d3matt, unless I stumble across it will leave it unconnected as you have, doesn't seem like a big deal . if I do stumble across it I'll let you know where it is! Sorry, one more question- just looking at the installation diagrams and am slightly confused as on the right side of the vehicle the new relay supplied with the loom which connects to the fuse box does not seem to attach to the rear lighting loom. Is that correct?
Thanks again,
Greg

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attached are the electrics instructions I found and this matched the loom I had with mine. Does the loom look the same as what's shown in this?
If so, see diagram 15. The relay box (if that's what it is) just fits on the loom and then you hide it behind the panel somewhere. Mine was used, so I didn't have any sticky pads, so I used duct tape and a cable tie to fix it to the metal bodywork. It was a mess, but it's hidden and it wont rattle! You can see it in the lower right of the first photo.

Ask any questions you like.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Much appreciate your help, looks like the same, I have the same instructions. it appears that the box is only connected to the cable going forward to the fuse box? with no direct connections to the light wiring?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But there is no cables going to the fuse box anyway. Just plug into the lamp cluster looms on the left and right side of the car, then break into the +12V supply feeding the rear cigarette lighter and take a ground connection from the metal work. That's it.
Sounds easy, but the hard bit is getting all the paneling detached.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wiring loom is slightly different, part number is different (19100523RC) and is for 2010 onwards. mine takes a feed from the fuse box on the drivers side of the dashboard rather than from the 12V outlet. But the relay box appears to be the same and is only connected into the live feed. Is the box in your photo 1 on the right not the PDC control unit?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wiring loom is slightly different, part number is different (19100523RC) and is for 2010 onwards. mine takes a feed from the fuse box on the drivers side of the dashboard rather than from the 12V outlet.
Mine was for a 2010+ model too. Is your car a hatch or SW? If guess a hatch doesn't have the cigarette socket in the boot. If yours does, then it would be far easier to take the +12V feed from that and it is a safe/valid option.

Is the box in your photo 1 on the right not the PDC control unit?
No. I wish it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is SW too, perhaps just a change in spec on the specific wiring loom. Really appreciate your help, if I find the PDC controller I;ll let you know. Hopefully tackle the job next weekend!.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Matt,

Went to the dealer today where I purchased the car and spoke with one of the technicians, it would appear that the PDC controller is the box on the right hand side of the car in your photo. It is the same for both the hatch and the SW. Technician kindly printed for me the location diagrams and the wiring diagram for the PDC controller. Technician told me the specific loom has been redesigned in the last month in order to get over problems if the trailer is plugged in and the 12V output in the boot are in use at the same time. There is a connector going into the bottom of the PDC controller with 16 pins (15 of them connected) the wire to cut is on pin 8 (reverse lamp power). The pins are configured in 2 rows, one complete row of 9 pins and one row with 7 pins. Pin 8 is located on the complete row on the far left side when looking at the connector with the lower being the complete row.
As I only have the diagrams on paper I cannot attach or e-mail to you. However can copy them and post to you if it would be any help.
Cheers,
Greg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts