Kia Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because it sat on the lot, battery went low or dead, they needed to bring the car upfront for the customer and so threw in a wet cell from the rack in the back. Dealers don't really care if the car leaves with all the proper equipment, only that it leave.

The Kia/Hyundai engineers made the bean counters really happy because they figured out a way for the battery to fail 2-6 months after the warranty runs out. I haven't met anyone that got one replaced under the 3 year warranty, several folks got hosed at 40 months.

For those that are shopping, Pep Boys carries the Champion (Johnson Controls) AGM replacement, it's always on sale and seems to always have a rebate, bringing the price down to $119 which is as cheap as you will find a proper AGM replacement.
I have had a battery replaced under warranty . Just so you know it has happened.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,981 Posts
I have had a battery replaced under warranty . Just so you know it has happened.
At 3+ years old and 45K miles you can count yourself the exception and not the rule, but not sure how that pertains to this thread.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts