Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Hmm...I'm very interested to see if those actually work. Seems like a good idea!

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
i have those.. they improve the ride, there is 2 threads on this, one is from me when i placed 22 inch wheels, all info and links are provided there too, and one from spicy red..

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
i have those.. they improve the ride, there is 2 threads on this, one is from me when i placed 22 inch wheels, all info and links are provided there too, and one from spicy red..
I always wondered how you lived with the already terrible ride of the Sorento + 22" Rims!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I always wondered how you lived with the already terrible ride of the Sorento + 22" Rims!
the sx has dual damper shocks anyway, plus the benefits of the urethane cushions:
decrease leaning and rough ride, (urethane cushions installed into the middle of the spring)
1.Comfortable Driving when passing overspeed preventing block and bumpy road
2.Prevents leaning with coil spring tension control when making a sharp curve.
3.With cushion improvement, it reduces fatigue when driving long distance.
4.Protects shock absorber from the shocks(Durability extends more than 2 times)
5.With car height restoration, it provides stabilized driving.

these are what it says fromm TTC website
and i think it is actually doing it, rides like having a marshmallow in the springs..

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
737 Posts
I Agree what Kobi enumerating the facts of having a cushion. I have an EX which was made at the earliest batch. Tuned to be sporty(suspension more stiff) yet comparably the performance was far from its competitors like CRV and Highlander. I tested it, I experience driving those vechs. Yes it's more comfortable but it terms of road stability/handling and manuevering we'll you can attest that. In the long run, somehow we need some comfort and Im tired of searching for suspension replacement yet I will never compromise the integrity of having stock(factory installed) suspensions for it still under warranty..Here I came up..having a cushions, self installed.. well.. Im satisfied.. You should try it.

·
Registered
2013 Silver Sorento EX V6AWD, 2007 Toyota Highlander V6LtdAWD, 2004 Toyota 4-Runner V6Ltd2x4
80 Posts
I'll try them too, Kobi and SpicyRed, thanks for the opinions..!

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX 4 cyln.
10 Posts
I'll let you know. My set is due in any day. Leaving for the Outerbanks NC with a full load, Cargo carrier on top with a cargo carrier in the trailer hitch. Looking for some suspension support for all that weight.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX 4 cyln.
10 Posts
Ok, received the urethane rings yesterday . It took me approximately 1 hour to install. Front wheels were easy. I just jacked up the car until the tire was almost off the ground. Tip: don't even think about not soaping up the rings before you install them. It's a must. Started at the bottom of the coil spring getting the urethane ring started and just spun it around the coil, centered it top to bottom, installed a coupe of cable ties around the coil through the ring just for safety sake. Rear units are installed the same way, but I did remove the rear tires which made it a lot easier. Noticed a slight increase in the distance between the fender and tire. Maybe 3/4" of an inch. I will be taking it out on the weekend for a test ride. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2013 Silver Sorento EX V6AWD, 2007 Toyota Highlander V6LtdAWD, 2004 Toyota 4-Runner V6Ltd2x4
80 Posts
dlong,

How's the ride with the new urethane cushions?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX 4 cyln.
10 Posts
Well. I'm a little disappointed. Yes its a more stable ride, cornering is improved, but the ride is about the same. I'm more concerned how they handle when I load up for vacation. I let you know, leaving 10/6/2012.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
oh really.. hmm.. i wonder if dual damper shocks makes a difference.. but with my 22 wheels on its different.. ill also let you guys know with the winter tires on, thats with my stock wheels..
hopefully it improves for you.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, dlong, and yes, maybe the Dual Dampener Shocks help on the SX model, kobi. I don't have high expectations for the urethane cushions, and I like the ride as it is, but I'm curious about the cornering and will out them on as soon as they arrive...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i thought all 2012 on has dual flow damper shocks because of all the 2011's complaints from before..not too sure... better check this out actually.. but im sure all sx has dual flow damper shock absorbers..

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
737 Posts
hmm, well..I have the older EX and using old suspensions..for me it works from the road sounds up to cornering. Select particular terrain go and try and remove the cushions do the same then probably you got a concrete observation..

For me, It helps me a lot in my long trips from IL to AZ in 36hours with less napping time and consistently lessen bump ride.

Good luck guys...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts