Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: Guess I should have waited for the 2002's to come out before buying the 2001 Optima. The resale value dropped over 9k in the first month. Needless to say, I've got to keep this heap for another year. It all started out okay (for the fist month), then my headlights kept burning out. I have to replace them at least every 4 or 5 months. I don't even do that much night driving! This care has cost me more than anyother car I have ever owned, becuase I had to replace about every sensor you can think of. Each sensor has cost over $250. Now the spark plugs need changing and that's not a simple task, and who knows where the fuel filter is located? The dealer won't even tell you!! For now, all I can do is wait until next year.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by garnerg+Jun 20 2005, 07:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(garnerg @ Jun 20 2005, 07:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>...The resale value dropped over 9k in the first month...
[/b]

Well basically sorry to say but most cars out there depreciate right when you drive off the lot. And yes, even Honda’s depreciates.. not as quickly and as much.. but does lose it's value after a while. The ONLY cars in the world that DO NOT depreciates are rare collectables and super cars such as the Lamborghini and Ferrari (depending on model and how many were made).

<!--QuoteBegin-garnerg
@Jun 20 2005, 07:34 PM
...Now the spark plugs need changing and that's not a simple task, and who knows where the fuel filter is located? The dealer won't even tell you!! For now, all I can do is wait until next year....
[/quote]
As for the spark plugs, it is NOT a hard task, just as long as you know how to gap the plugs (IF needed) and have correct tools to do the job. Personally I am using E3 sparkplugs, which DO NOT need to be gapped. You just stick them in and torque them properly. NEWayz, just wanted to put my two cents in.. you don't have to listen to me. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Kia dealer offered $2500.00 for my Optima trade in. It had 10,000 miles on it and not a scratch on it loaded leather sunroof everything. My son's 95 Honda civic with 200,000 miles on it is worth more. The 100,000 mile warranty covers nothing. The bad part is it is a pretty decent car. The dealer scams are going to ruin them.
I will never ever own another Kia. When this one is paid off and quits running I am going to open the sunroof park it in the front yard and fill it full of dirt and plant flowers in it. It will at least have value when it has a few flowers growing in it. Maybe start a fad a good use for a KIA. A flower pot......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts