Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 sportage ex 2wd, 2002 Grand prix GTP (for now) 2015 Jetta SE (soon with more boost)
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend followed me yesterday, and told me that i have 2 leds out in my center tail light and that its flickering, i had him hold the brake and it is,
im ok with the leds being out, but the flickering could be annoying.
anyone know if theres a fix for this? do i have to relplace the entire bar? or will replacing the bulbs work, can i even replace the bulbs?

·
Registered
2001 sportage ex 2wd, 2002 Grand prix GTP (for now) 2015 Jetta SE (soon with more boost)
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the left tail light was out as well, perhaps its something to do with the circuit maybe?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
Sounds like two different problems..
The center brake light is probably LEDs and not lamps and are probably soldered in place and sealed from behind (not repairable)... The left tail light is probably just a bad lamp.
Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i know the bulb went bad in the left tail light.I know GM, cars will send a pulse to verify the headlights on and keep sending it if it cant, i thought maybe something similar was happending here. Since it works for now, im going to fix the left light wait for it to fail then buy a new one.

Anyone know where i can get one cheap, ebay starts at 100$ for a deomestically shipped one.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Yeah i know the bulb went bad in the left tail light.I know GM, cars will send a pulse to verify the headlights on and keep sending it if it cant, i thought maybe something similar was happending here. Since it works for now, im going to fix the left light wait for it to fail then buy a new one.

Anyone know where i can get one cheap, ebay starts at 100$ for a deomestically shipped one.
I can get you a good deal on a 3rd brake light. I will need the last 8 of your vin # or at least what year Sportage you have. You in the USA?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get you a good deal on a 3rd brake light. I will need the last 8 of your vin # or at least what year Sportage you have. You in the USA?
Its a 2006 and yes i am in the US, its not flickering anymore but bulbs are still out. best price i saw was 100

1 - 6 of 6 Posts