Registered
2012 KIA Sorento LX 2.4L 4cyl
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I'm new to the group.
I have a question.
I have a 2012 KIA Sorento.
Recently I upgraded my driving lights and my low beams to LED lights.
I bought LED lights for the high beams the other day but can't figure out how to install them.
I was told there is an adapter to buy.
But I'm not sure how to make that work as there doesn't appear to be anything to remove from the high beam to use the new adapter.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only advice I have is to return those and get plug and play models like those sold at headlightexpertsDOTcom

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2012
77 Posts
In my 2012 wife’s Kia Sorento I have hid kit with 6000 k those works amazing , best beam patterns max light output, I tried lots of led bulb on low beam didn’t work ok better than stock but not the best as hid kit , high beam I have led which works fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
But again I can't get them to fit in the high beam fixture.
There is a metal bracket that won't latch over the back of the bulb to hold them into place.
Does yours have the bracket?

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2012
77 Posts
Yes , it does have , so u lift the bracket then Newley it has or comes with kind of ring on it , high beams are H1 so theyre pretty tricky to install them , did u take out stock halogen bulb out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.
We did.
Then we put the LED Bulb in but could not figure out how to get the bracket to latch back over the bulb.
This is the new bulb.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2012
77 Posts
That’s what exactly what I have on wife’s high beam , take that ring from led , it should come out from the bulb , then u need to put that ring alone on headlight assembly and tight with bracket , then when is in its place should be tight , after it u just push or slide in ur led bulb , remember it’s really tricky and hard and small room to work around, it took me 30 min to do both , since the factory bulb comes with different design it’s easier to install, this led is different way build and different way to install ,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ring cannot be removed so I'm returning them.
Do you happen to remember the brand and where you purchased your wife's bulbs from?

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2012
77 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I purchased them on Auxbeam.com but u have the same one at Amazon they’re exactly same as mine
Auxbeam LED Headlights F-S2 Series H1 P145S Headlight Bulbs High Brightness H1 P145S Headlight Conversion Kit with 2 Pcs of H1 Bulbs 72W 8000lm COB Led Chips Single Beam Amazon.com: Auxbeam LED Headlights F-S2 Series H1 P145S Headlight Bulbs High Brightness H1 P145S Headlight Conversion Kit with 2 Pcs of H1 Bulbs 72W 8000lm COB Led Chips Single Beam: Automotive
So I finally got the bulbs that you recommended and we were able to get them installed.
Thank you very much for your help!
I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2012
77 Posts
Ur welcome , glad they worked

1 - 13 of 13 Posts