Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a 2.7 v6 in my 2007 Rondo that currently has a 2.4L 4 cyl. Any considerations or problems I might run into doing this?

Thanks for responding!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Lets see...
Wiring harnesses, ECM(ECU),BCM, Suspension, Transmission, CV Joints (drive shafts),New brakes (to handle the extra load)...Just to start..
Not an easy thing to do...
Dave

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
Keep the 2.4L. With all the extras needs to complete the swap it would cost more than the car is worth. There also isn't a big difference in power, as the V6 only has 20 more HP and lb/ft of torque: 2.4L(162/164), 2.7L(182/182).

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
The big question comes to mind - Why?????

I agree with spongebob, total waste of time and money and really no advantage. Also the V6 uses a timing belt and the 2.4L uses a chain. Better mileage on the 2.4L too. Also the V6 is a very old engine and will be gone from production when the current 2012 model has run its coarse.

I had the 2.4L in a '08 Rondo and what a great engine, lots of power and very good gas mileage, I had no interest in the V6 at the time of purchase, just did not see any advantage for the extra cost.

They did tweak the newer 2.4L and now its rated at 175 hp.

Additional thought - you can kiss goodbye to any value in your Rondo both to sell and trade, when its found out its not the original engine built with the vehicle as it indicates that in your VIN code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I was only asking about this because it seems there are way more used V6 engines on the market than the 4 cyl, and the v6's are cheaper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts