Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
ahh... crap.. I just thought of something. yours is a 97. The tire latch on a 97 is different from his.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,

Yeah, he has a different year unfortunately- I looked at the part and it doesn't look like the broken part- the part that is broken is basically an arm that has the part you pull to unlock the tire on one side and the other side has a hook that hooks into the striker- the hook part is broken off of that lever- you can see where it's broken on the circled photo-

I've never had such a rough time finding a simple part- even the dealer is baffled- I didn't buy this car new- I wonder if this is an afternarket tire carrier or something- gah!!

Jennai

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
right but what i'm wondering is:

Does that part that i showed you above come as one whole assembly with that hook in it? Only the dealer can tell you that.

Can you take the whole thing off and try to find a part number on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there!

I'll go to the dealer and have them check the part number you gave. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Jennai

·
Registered
1997 Kia Sportage
8 Posts
mine was broke too have you tried to find one at a wrecking yard? the one near my house has 9 kia sportages that were totalled. they are a great way to find parts .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts