Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, in my last post I reported what looked like a bug in UVO after updating to version 013. Dealer changed the whole UVO since they couldn't figure out the problem on the spot. I now have a brand new UVO with version 014 which is the latest from Microsoft. Sadly I must report the same bug. Dealer agreed and will contact Kia Canada. Problem is the bug affects only voice command "Call contact" when language is set to French (Spanish???). In a nutshell: "Call contact" asks for confirmation with a "yes" or "repeat command". Yes or saying again the command don't do the connection. You're asked again and again for the same. The guy at the dealer tried his own phone and same thing: call is placed if said in English but not in French. Which didn't happen before version 013. So that's why people on the forum who updates to version 013 saw no problem. I could use English but since I'm French all my contacts have French names and English UVO needs the contacts to be said with an English accent. Isn't that funny? Moi, je trouve ça très drôle!!!

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Interesting - That is a riot - Thanks for the update Racineur!

We don't speak French down here in Intercourse PA :)

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wild animals. We are all. Aren't we?

Habs. Ancient lords of the ring...They're always in my UVO. Could have something to do with this atrocious bug.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5, Electronic Blue
25 Posts
Wow, that's a bad bug. You did a good job troubleshooting it. I wonder how many languages are affected?

How does UVO update? (I have an EX, so I haven't got UVO.)

Is there any way to back out the upgrade and restore to Version 012? If the users can't, I wonder if the dealers can.

I have a workaround for anyone who's got an iPhone with Siri. Granted, I don't have UVO, but I do have bluetooth, and I have found this to work.

If I press the Home button on the phone and activate Siri, then I can use the voice commands via Siri instead of the ones that are available to the car via the Rio's voice command. I've found that Siri understands my voice a little better than car does, when it comes to speaking the names of my contacts. Plus, Siri gives me the ability to issue commands like dictating text messages.

The downside is I have to take my hand off the steering wheel to press the Home button, and that's why I only use this trick sparingly.

·
Registered
Rio5 SX, White/Beige leather, UVO
17 Posts
Great job troubleshooting that issue, Rac. I speak to my car in english, so I'd never have caught it.
I wouldn't mind giving that 014 update a go though if anyone has a dl link. Kiatechinfo doesn't appear to have that version available yet.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX Uvo
2 Posts
Great job troubleshooting that issue, Rac. I speak to my car in english, so I'd never have caught it.
I wouldn't mind giving that 014 update a go though if anyone has a dl link. Kiatechinfo doesn't appear to have that version available yet.
I'd also love to find a d/l link for 014 - all I can seem to find is 013... thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.