Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento SXL 2017
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where Kia maintains a firmware download website?

We have a 2017 Kia Sorento SXL.

In the head unit, I can access the firmware status display which includes an "Update" button. The owner's manual describes how to load the SD card with updated firmware in the slot on the dashboard. But I cannot find the firmware to download to that SD card.

Coincidentally, Kia seems to have rolled up MyUVO.com into Kia.com, and I'm not confident Kia has all the info on the new site.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Sorento V6 AWD SXL
216 Posts

In the head unit, I can access the firmware status display which includes an "Update" button. The owner's manual describes how to load the SD card with updated firmware in the slot on the dashboard. But I cannot find the firmware to download to that SD card.

Coincidentally, Kia seems to have rolled up MyUVO.com into Kia.com, and I'm not confident Kia has all the info on the new site.

You can not upgrade firmware in KIA. The feature is there, but it was only provided for 2016 KIAs to allow users to install CarPlay and Android Auto that were missing from factory. You can go to KIA web site and support where there is a firmware upgrade validation is located. It would ask you to enter your unit ID and upon verification will say that this unit is not authorized for firmware updates.
Maybe KIA will one day release new upgrade, but judging by their history of ignoring any cars older than one year, I sincerely doubt it.
There is a backdoor of updating firmware if you purchase new navigation map. It comes on a SD that has latest firmware in it. However this is very expensive way of doing something that will probably give you zero new features.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
650 Posts

Firmware updates are provided with the map updates. The only free update was when car play / Android auto was released for the 2016s.

You can view version info here: https://www.kia-gpsmap.us/sdmatrix

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a kia forte 4 doors 2009, but the navigation system and full screen language are in korean what do i do and do you have a solution to my problem

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,407 Posts
I have a kia forte 4 doors 2009, but the navigation system and full screen language are in korean what do i do and do you have a solution to my problem
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,082 Posts

As noted above, the only firmware upgrade that Kia offered (and yes, it was free then) while Kia was still supporting such things on their OWN site was the update to the 2016 for Android and Apple connectivity. They then took down that upgrade option from their own site and dumped it in the laps of the folks who were supplying that code to begin with, MapnSoft. For that, MapnSoft is charging $50 (ouch) for the once-free firmware-only upgrade for 2016 owners who didn't get/have it. AFAIK, there's nothing of special interest for your 2017 since production, and you already have the Android Auto upgrade built into your 2017 firmware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts