Kia Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wahoobie any updates on this ?

I've got my final choice on the whimpy Position lights to DRL conversion. As I have stated, the final write-up will include part details but here's the COD LED strips fitted in and compared to stock. Color match is now dead-on with the Halos and I'm liking the brightness. On an angle the stocks even dim worse where these are still brilliant.

I may consider dropping the brightness with the headlights on but I think I'll do that with the high-beam Halo and tie the refined Position light later if needed....it's just wires right :)

To the wiring harness I go...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
No update, I got sidetracked and the garage become project central for several home efforts....small things like gutting the master bath and putting in a custom tile showers. I have yet to go back to it but I have all the items I was going to proceed with. I am hopeful to get to it in the fall but the project list grows with a shed rebuild and two built-in window seats. If only i got paid for this :/

I will certainly post updates if I can make it happen. I did want to consider something else as a smaller effort also but I'll detail that once it's a real thing to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Decepticon

Where did you get the Decepticon badge from on your grill?

sounds like a plan.. i was going to tackle this project this winter for a friend..
here's what i did on my 2012 before with umnitza halos

early 2013

finalized, no halos for oem look
with hella fogs and philips dimmable drl

s1 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr

IMG_5413 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr

you can get a drl controller for circuit safety.. it senses if battery is actively charrging discharging.. hence its trigger

61 - 64 of 64 Posts