Kia Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
653 Posts
If you are not registered with Kia as the owner or changed address without notifiying them you likely not get it. Its up to people buying vehicles used to register with the OEM.

·
Registered
2014 SXL AWD Ebony Black
38 Posts
Original owner, Have received previous recall/warranty extension notices at the same address.

·
Registered
2014 SXL AWD Ebony Black
38 Posts
Update: Just went to my KIA owners account. It was set up when vehicle was purchased. No recalls or other issues showing for the vehicle. Perhaps the fact that it is AWD or was built within a non-affected time period may be the reason why there is no recall on this particular sorento.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
653 Posts
Hmm miy AWD is but 2015.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It’s not all. It’s selected models based on vin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Sorento LX 2014
72 Posts
I have a 2.4L 2014 and I never received the recall notice.

Also going to nhtsa.gov/recalls and entering in my VIN, it shows 0 unrepaired recalls.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
576 Posts
I saw this in passing on the worldwide web but haven’t called my service dept yet for a checkup, maybe it’s worth a trip.

Side note: it’s been X years since my last post here, hope the old timers are still here.

·
Registered
Sorento 14, Sedona 17 LX+
45 Posts
I was unsuccessful in getting any meaningful explanation from the dealer on exactly what they would inspect/do if I took my 2014 Sorento in for Recall # 20V519 (Hydraulic Electonic Control Unit leak) which I did receive a letter from (and my VIN is in the NTSHA recall lookup database)

Someone cold-called me from the dealer wanting me to bring the car in. She couldn't tell me what exactly the recall inspection involved. Passed me off to a service consultant. At first he said it was just a visual inspection for leaks. Upon further questioning, he started saying it also involved "testing its performance". I asked many times in different ways HOW they tested it's performance. I would have believed him if he even said "we hook up our computer to your car and run a performance test on the HECU or something". But the service advisor could not even provide that level of detail, just that there was some kind of "performance check". He said the only person who would know would be a tech. I asked him to connect me with on to ask but he refused, said the only way was to bring the car in, etc. Frustrating.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts