Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Elantra, there's a series of button presses that activate a central unlock feature where pressing the unlock button once on the remote unlocks all doors.

Just got this car for the other half and am hoping you can do this on the Kia side also. Does anything like this exist for KM?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
you can active it like that on my Soul, not sure on the Rio. Should be in your owners manual.

You can change the system to unlock all doors by one pressing the unlock
button(Central Door Unlock Mode). Unlock mode can be switched between Two Stage Unlock Mode and Central Door Unlock Mode as
follows:
Press the lock button(1) and unlock button(2) at the same time for 5 seconds
or more. The hazard warninglights will blink four times.

(please read my signature line below)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5, Electronic Blue
25 Posts
To unlock all doors and the trunk, on my EX, I push the unlock button twice within four seconds. I'm not sure what the unlock sequence is on the SX key fob, though.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
I just did the "hold both for 4-5 seconds" trick and it worked :) ... it didn't beep or flash lights or anything but it did work. Every button touch i save is battery saved :)

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
I just did the "hold both for 4-5 seconds" trick and it worked :) ... it didn't beep or flash lights or anything but it did work. Every button touch i save is battery saved :)
and all 4 actuators that bit closer to failing lol

my Ford, albeit 13 years old and..... a Ford, cycles the options by holing the lock and unlock button for 5 seconds, but my Rio defaults to both doors opening (3 door) on the first press. Although we use the remote entry button more than the remote.

·
Registered
2013 Rio Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This did it! I couldn't seem to remember how I changed it on my Elanta. I looked in the Kia book and didn't see this in there (could have missed it though.) Thanks again!

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Thanks Conwelpic.Works on the SX Too!:D. Had my car over a year & touching the pad on the door handle twice to unlock all the doors was always tricky.Can't believe it's not in the Owners Manual.Just like finding out my driver's side seat warmer comes on maximum automatically below 0 Celcius. Not even an S Class Mercedes does that! Love all the gadjets on these cars. Hope the Electrics are more reliable as the cars age than on German cars:eek: I speak from many years of experience selling them & as an owner.

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks Conwelpic.Works on the SX Too!:D. Had my car over a year & touching the pad on the door handle twice to unlock all the doors was always tricky.Can't believe it's not in the Owners Manual.Just like finding out my driver's side seat warmer comes on maximum automatically below 0 Celcius. Not even an S Class Mercedes does that! Love all the gadjets on these cars. Hope the Electrics are more reliable as the cars age than on German cars:eek: I speak from many years of experience selling them & as an owner.
DITTO for me Conwelpic - THANKS for this information :D

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi
12 Posts
Wow this has fixed one 'minor' annoyance that was on my wish list! Thank you

Now, if only there were more undocumented, hidden ways to fix these other annoyances...

- Wipers in the auto position doing a single wipe every time engine is started.
- Seat belt warning chime not giving you the grace period when starting the engine like it does when removing seat belt and stopping the engine.
- No ability to close windows / sunroof when turning engine off / locking car

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio SLi, 2007 FORD Falcon BF XR6
26 Posts
Wow this has fixed one 'minor' annoyance that was on my wish list! Thank you

Now, if only there were more undocumented, hidden ways to fix these other annoyances...

- Wipers in the auto position doing a single wipe every time engine is started.
- Seat belt warning chime not giving you the grace period when starting the engine like it does when removing seat belt and stopping the engine.
- No ability to close windows / sunroof when turning engine off / locking car
Agree on the windows getting locked immediately after opening door. My other car only locks windows after around 15-20 seconds.

Another thing is the headlights on AUTO mode is on the conservative side.. i.e. the lights get turned on even though it is perfectly bright.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Agree on the windows getting locked immediately after opening door. My other car only locks windows after around 15-20 seconds.

Another thing is the headlights on AUTO mode is on the conservative side.. i.e. the lights get turned on even though it is perfectly bright.
Many cars will shut down the ability to close windows once the door is open. Just have to get used to closing the windows first. I hate that part too.

My headlights are opposite to yours. I find that they don't come on when I think they should. I wish mine were a little more sensitive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts