Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Ok so I read the owners manuale and it is wothless...

So I will ask other KIA Sportage owners...

My 2002 Sportage with 4 wheel slide automatic 4 door.... lol has 2 buttons that I have no clue

The first button is located on the shifter... if I push it in a light on my dash where all the warning lights are like fuel check engine ect lights up that says HOLD.....???????

The next is a button on the dash to the right of the stearing collum that is the size of the cruse controle button and next to it. If I push it in a light goes on that says power on my dash.....?????????

My guess one of these is to turn off the overdrive but which one and the what in the hell does the other button do and why???????

:D

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
304 Posts
The hold button will hold the transmission in a particular gear. For instance, my Kia Carnival, when depressing the hold button held the transmission in second and third gears only.

The other button, I would hazard a guess and say that it is a different shift sequence for your transmission (i.e. power mode), I would think you may find that when this button is in, then the transmission will remain in gear for some extra RPM before changing up to the next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Theres a great description of these in the 2000 manual. You guys are spot on with the hold button. The other is power/Economy. Economy gives you better gas milage, Power is for a "sportier" drive. (at least thats what it says...) JB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts