Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2107 Kia Niro, 2018 Toyota Camry XSE, 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2015 Yamaha V Star 950 Touring
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the same problem I'm having with the rear hatch opening on it's own or the alarm suddenly going off on it's own? I carry my "key" in my pocket with other items and can only assume something in my pocket is pushing the buttons.

So far, I've wrapped it in cardboard and tape and even that hasn't completely stopped it from happening.

Anyone have a solution? :confused:

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX FWD, 2014 Soul !
19 Posts
This is a maddening problem ever since keyless entry came on the scene. It seems worse in the smart key era because I almost never use the fob. I especially have problems with the new big button design of Kia's. I have smart keys for my Optima and my wife's Sorento on opposite ends of a 2-ring detachable key chain, and I try to place them carefully in my pocket to no avail. My wife jokes that she knows when I am putting on my shoes because one of the alarms goes off.

I am not paying $40 for something that makes these things even bulkier. It seems like someone could invent a better design for these items - something that can be actuated in a panic, but needs a real conscious poke to make it work.

I feel your pain!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts