Kia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
"headlamp washer"? is there is washer for that?
He has HID (Xenon) low-beam headlamps.

Headlamp washers and auto-levellers are requirements in a lot of countries.

Along with the auto-levelling, a lot of European cars offer turning lights aswel. (I.E. Point around corners - not to be confused with cornering fog lamps)

·
Registered
372 Posts
He has HID (Xenon) low-beam headlamps.

Headlamp washers and auto-levellers are requirements in a lot of countries.

Along with the auto-levelling, a lot of European cars offer turning lights aswel. (I.E. Point around corners - not to be confused with cornering fog lamps)
yes,that is correct!

·
Registered
661 Posts
With the navigation unit, when you go to select destination, there is an Emergency option. Never tried it until today. Could be quite useful, especially in areas you're not familiar with. Lists:
  • Police stations close to your location
  • Hospitals close to your location
  • Kia Dealers close to your location
As for the head lamp washers and auto levellers...I'd love to have those!
He who dies with the most toys wins!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Red reflector bottom inside front driver/passenger doors

Does anyone know whether these light up at night, or how, if possible to get them actually hooked up to power to actually emit light. I am thinking that this must be a safety feature offered for oncoming cars to see that a door is open, however, my brief experiment with a flashlight at night really doesn't reflect a darn thing. Can anyone enlighten me please?

EX V6 AWD 2012.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Does anyone know whether these light up at night, or how, if possible to get them actually hooked up to power to actually emit light. I am thinking that this must be a safety feature offered for oncoming cars to see that a door is open, however, my brief experiment with a flashlight at night really doesn't reflect a darn thing. Can anyone enlighten me please?

EX V6 AWD 2012.
Door lights. Front only.
Jan-2010 Si
Korean-built.

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts

EX V6 AWD 2012.
I believe they are called courtesy lamps. They light up when the door is open similar to the cabin light and are found only on the front doors.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My 2001 Santa Fe was the same. Different markets had slightly different things. Mine had grey inserts. Behind that was wiring and bulb socket. I ordered the red reflector, put in a bulb and they worked. Later years removed the wiring as others tried but could not do this.

Maybe the Sorento is the same?

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 2001 Santa Fe was the same. Different markets had slightly different things. Mine had grey inserts. Behind that was wiring and bulb socket. I ordered the red reflector, put in a bulb and they worked. Later years removed the wiring as others tried but could not do this.

Maybe the Sorento is the same?
Ah. So you mean if we peek under the red reflector (on Sorento), there may be a revelation..

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is documented in a post card I found underneath my seat that must have fallen during prep, and I am not certain this is documented in the manual, but if you have an interior lighting package, you can hold the button for 5 seconds in the center console (by the gear lever) to turn on the automatic color change cycle and push once more to set to one particular color or off.

·
Registered
320 Posts
This is documented in a post card I found underneath my seat that must have fallen during prep, and I am not certain this is documented in the manual, but if you have an interior lighting package, you can hold the button for 5 seconds in the center console (by the gear lever) to turn on the automatic color change cycle and push once more to set to one particular color or off.
Hmm. I should check this tomorrow..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty sure that before posting my original message, I slightly checked the reflectors and couldn't see anything to unscrew on or near the reflectors, and that's why I launched the question as to it's usefulness. Perhaps a pry open, but that might break the reflector. it would be such a shame to find out that they were dummy reflectors, however I suspect they are because there doesn't appear to be any switch associated.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Pretty sure that before posting my original message, I slightly checked the reflectors and couldn't see anything to unscrew on or near the reflectors, and that's why I launched the question as to it's usefulness. Perhaps a pry open, but that might break the reflector. it would be such a shame to find out that they were dummy reflectors, however I suspect they are because there doesn't appear to be any switch associated.
There can not be switch as it should illuminate when door is opened
May be there is no bulb. Just the holder. Put the bulb and voila.. :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
With the Santa Fe I had to remove the door panel to get behind it. Only after that could I remove the insert and replace it with the reflector. Best way to find out is to try!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was happy to find that the USB plug actually provides a charge, so I'm able to charge my cell phone off of it. It doesn't charge fast, but at least it works.

141 - 160 of 171 Posts
About this Discussion
170 Replies
93 Participants
VIM
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing