Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by many people that the ECU stores more information than required, eg speed travelling, distance etc a bit like a telemetry system in Formula 1 and other motorsports. and in some countries they are allowed to fine you for speeding from simply connecting to the ECU... :angry: :innocent:

now considering my ECU didn't even report when it was broken - does anyone know what info is stored in the ECU - I am getting paranoid about putting in a chiptuning interface whilst it still has a warranty in case at the next service the ECU informs the service engineer that the injector mappings had changed from the original ones sent.!!

is this likely?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd be interested to know is there a master reset for the ecu - battery dissconnection ?
cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Theres not enough memory to store that sort of data, 'flight data' is recorded only when the hi-scan tool is connected.

·
Registered
Saab 95 & Mitsubishi FTO
31 Posts
Ecu reset

Will disconnecting the battery reset the ECU to original settings?

Desperately looking for possible solutions to my cars poor mpg, currently 18.9 mpg!

Murphwiz you may be my saviour!

Ken

·
Registered
29 Posts
Disconnecting battery will reset the ECU, original setting will not change. Connect diagnostic scan tools can check fault code & fault counter. Only scan tools are able to reset fault counter. There are >1000 but <2000 fault code are installed in ECU (standard code for all automobile). But only selected fault code are use, for Sedona < 50 codes are use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts