Kia Forum banner

UNAVI Aftermarket Navigation for 2011+ Kia Sportage non-UVO & UVO

13K views 42 replies 10 participants last post by  ILLJIM69 
#1 · (Edited)
UNAVI USA is proud to announce our Navigation System for the 2011+ Kia Sportage with and without UVO System. Our integrated multi-media management aftermarket navigation system for your 2011+ Sportage has an OEM fit and finish. The UNAVI System retains all of the factory features and controls, such as the UVO System including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

+ RETAIN FACTORY UVO SYSTEM (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

2011+ Sportage without UVO

2011+ Sportage with UVO System

See less See more
#4 ·
Excellent, thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean to describe the UNAVI.

The other unit was a head-only unit I believe, China-manufactured. It didn't look as good in photos.

Still, WinCE customizing features like theming and maps and MP3s, it sells the unit. Unavi-USA describes the unit and shows photos, but not the "why".

#5 ·
im really interested on this unit and i would like to know if there's a DIY manual for this product. I live in the caribbean and here the sportages does not come with bluetooth only with steering wheel controls and aux/usb/ipod inputs. really looking foward to see more pictures of installation and videos of the unit in action.

#13 · (Edited)
Sure. I don't intend to hijack this thread but here is a link to the one I bought that should arrive next week.

I had also purchased another one from china via amazon.com and there were several things about their user interface and hardware that lead me to return it. It wasnt acceptable. The seller of both items are very responsive and informative. Good customer service is critical.

#15 ·
I didnt ask about that. I have premium sound so the built in amp doesnt matter. I did make sure that it came with the spdif module to interface with the factory amp. Feel free to ask the seller that question. Laura has been extremely responsive to each question/email i have sent.

#16 ·
I've always stayed away from those EBay units because I was afraid that I would lose two functions I won't sacrifice. They are easy Bluetooth streaming and full steering wheel phone control. If someone can 100% confirm none of that is lost, then I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I have an LX with stock radio that has the Bluetooth and phone control.

#17 ·
I will review the one I am getting this week from Korea once I install it. I can, however, confirm that the one I had from China did stream bluetooth perfectly and that the call and end functions on the steering wheel did as well. You basically went into the setup menu and programmed the steering wheel buttons to perform whatever function you chose. I didnt try to program the factory UVO steering wheel button because I didnt have a need for it.

#27 · (Edited)
1300 bucks?!!?! Even 1000 would be too much.

No offense, and the unit appears to be nice, but for hundreds less than that price you can get a superior unit. I get that you will still be able to use the factory USB port or BT mic, but I doubt that people are willing to pay hundreds more to retain that feature. Then again people can spend their money as they see fit.

My lord, the factory nav option was 1000 dollars and it was more than just a head unit.

And just out of curiosity, since I haven't changed my factory unit out, but how would swapping head units affect your climate controls?

Anyway, good luck either way, it is certainly nice to see companies making things for Kias.

#30 ·
ILLJIM69

I would like to thank you for your posting, and also I would like for you to take a moment and name one unit that you feel is superior, however before you do compare what our unit is.

Remember this we do not replace your radio but retain all factory functions at the same time by adding a full 7 or 8” touch screen to a vehicle that didn’t have this before and NOW has a perfect factory "OEM" look. You take any aftermarket radio "A Square Box" and place in the middle of a (now mind you) beautifully designed dash, and make it do exactly what our product does with out modifying the vehicles wiring harness "CUTTING AND SPLICING" or better yet adding interfaces,(good luck finding mounting locations as there LIMITED SPACE BEHIND YOUR DASH) there is no option. Our is the only one that is plug and play (truly) and uses all factory features just as they are now.

You might ask well how I know this, I have come to know and learned all of this because with over 23 years in the (retail, installation, and manufacturing) 12v car audio world, I have installed thousands of different products, and worked with the best products in the industry. Comparable products do have advantages as far as sound quality and expandable options but when it comes to integration not one equals UNAVi.

A $1300 price point is very reasonable when the dealership charges twice as much and you are getting a free backup camera, Plus our unit allows you to watch movies or navigate while in motion for passengers. Our product is top notch and NOT MADE IN CHINA like most eBay units and just about every other poor quality electronics on the market. You are correct when you say our unit is not cheap nor do we want it to be, if it was cheap would you expect a 3 year warranty? or how about a warranty matching option that equals the factory option all the way up to 10 years? I think not , and like just about everything else "You get what you pay for".

At the end of the day you are the customer its your choice to purchase whatever product you like, My job is to give you the best information, on the BEST PRODUCT (and I can say this unequivocally) so In turn you can make your best decision.

Thank you for your comment, have a wonderful day.

#32 ·
I am still confused as well. I have personally replaced my factory head unit with the (cheap?) Chinese unit and not only does it come with a complete harness, thereby eliminating any cutting/splicing wires, but it looks 100% like a factory installed piece down to the bezel fit and color. If your unit sits in addition to the factory head unit, how does it physically fit?? For those of us who are technical, do you have a diagram or photo of how it installs? I am intrigued.

I will say that other than the voice recognition and XM features, the one I had installed retained all other factory features.

Although its out of my price range, kudos to you for offering Sirius/XM integration since none of the other aftermarket units do so.

#36 ·
It is a replacement to the factory non-nav units.

#38 ·
Head unit.

#42 ·
John B58

I have sent you a PM with pricing, and ordering instructions.

Now the main reason that we can not post pricing on an open forum is very simple we are offering the members here a discounted price. We have hundreds of dealers around the country and to honor our sale contracts with them and them with us pricing is not displayed openly on any type of forum. This said we also are on other forums and conduct and maintain the same policies on the other forums as well.

So you can understand this type of product is channeled through expediters who in turn channel this through dealers and Stereo Shops this is why we and our dealers do not display pricing. We are not trying to hide anything and are very open to answer any type of question someone might have in regards to our systems and products. Now this said the installation process is very detailed and it is a preparatory to our product this is why I can not show it on an open forum.

No once a customer has the product and wants to show the process then that is fine by us.

here are a few images of the Sportage, I hope that I have answered your questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.