Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNAVI USA is proud to announce our Navigation System for the 2011+ Kia Sportage with and without UVO System. Our integrated multi-media management aftermarket navigation system for your 2011+ Sportage has an OEM fit and finish. The UNAVI System retains all of the factory features and controls, such as the UVO System including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

+ RETAIN FACTORY UVO SYSTEM (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

2011+ Sportage without UVO

2011+ Sportage with UVO System

·
Registered
554 Posts
Potential customers need to register to see the price.

Also, I'm sorry to question the marketing, but advertising the advantages or differences can sell the unfamiliar. Retaining OEM features is often-wrongly assumed, but is more of a FAQ entry for product-skeptics. Features trump megahertz.

I looked into buying a similar unit overseas (witson), and had language-barrier issues regarding compatibility. I'm glad there's a North American source for aftermarket head units now.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean to describe the UNAVI.

The other unit was a head-only unit I believe, China-manufactured. It didn't look as good in photos.

Still, WinCE customizing features like theming and maps and MP3s, it sells the unit. Unavi-USA describes the unit and shows photos, but not the "why".

·
Registered
Kia Sportage LX 2012
27 Posts
im really interested on this unit and i would like to know if there's a DIY manual for this product. I live in the caribbean and here the sportages does not come with bluetooth only with steering wheel controls and aux/usb/ipod inputs. really looking foward to see more pictures of installation and videos of the unit in action.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The other question I'd have (in addition to the price of course) is about map updates - how often & at what price.

But why should potential customers need to register to get a suggested retail price?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure. I don't intend to hijack this thread but here is a link to the one I bought that should arrive next week.

I had also purchased another one from china via amazon.com and there were several things about their user interface and hardware that lead me to return it. It wasnt acceptable. The seller of both items are very responsive and informative. Good customer service is critical.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What does "Sound: 2W x 1 (Stereo)" in the spec mean?
I didnt ask about that. I have premium sound so the built in amp doesnt matter. I did make sure that it came with the spdif module to interface with the factory amp. Feel free to ask the seller that question. Laura has been extremely responsive to each question/email i have sent.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
42 Posts
I've always stayed away from those EBay units because I was afraid that I would lose two functions I won't sacrifice. They are easy Bluetooth streaming and full steering wheel phone control. If someone can 100% confirm none of that is lost, then I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I have an LX with stock radio that has the Bluetooth and phone control.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've always stayed away from those EBay units because I was afraid that I would lose two functions I won't sacrifice. They are easy Bluetooth streaming and full steering wheel phone control. If someone can 100% confirm none of that is lost, then I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I have an LX with stock radio that has the Bluetooth and phone control.
I will review the one I am getting this week from Korea once I install it. I can, however, confirm that the one I had from China did stream bluetooth perfectly and that the call and end functions on the steering wheel did as well. You basically went into the setup menu and programmed the steering wheel buttons to perform whatever function you chose. I didnt try to program the factory UVO steering wheel button because I didnt have a need for it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts