Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNAVI USA is proud to announce our Navigation System for the 2011+ Kia Sorento with and without UVO System. Our integrated multi-media management aftermarket navigation system for your 2011+ Sorento has an OEM fit and finish. It retains all of the factory features and controls, such as the UVO System including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

The UVO System version will be available shortly (1 month)

+ RETAIN FACTORY UVO SYSTEM (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

2011+ Sportage without UVO

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
Looks like it may have a good "factory" look to it, though I must say it's a shame that you lost the volume knob. I know a lot of people like to be able to reach over and turn it down quickly (w/o turning it off/mute).

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
These are about 1300 to 1400 or so dollars. I just looked for them on the internet. I was also curious. At that price I am not sure I would want to take the chance it does not work with my current system even though it says it does. A little leery I guess.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Ebay is awash with these mostly-Chinese knock-off navigation units. The usual price is $300-400. I have a friend who is an installer who is always cleaning up after folks who order similar units online only to find out that the integration with their car is not easy and quality tends to be an issue. Just sayin.

Perhaps this person has a better quality unit. My biggest concerns would be:

1. ease of integration with factory harness
2. warranty

I would be curious to hear from actual owners who bought and had these installed.

Best,

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ebay is awash with these mostly-Chinese knock-off navigation units. The usual price is $300-400. I have a friend who is an installer who is always cleaning up after folks who order similar units online only to find out that the integration with their car is not easy and quality tends to be an issue. Just sayin.

Perhaps this person has a better quality unit. My biggest concerns would be:

1. ease of integration with factory harness
2. warranty

I would be curious to hear from actual owners who bought and had these installed.

Best,
Sauron

As I have said before "you get what you paid for"! I'll explain how we are able to completely integrate our system, the original radio "brain" stays in place and we integrate our system via the data ribbon cable. This is how EVERYTHING continues work as normal. What happens with the cheep chinese "knock-off radios" is a sub par and half baked "radio" that at best does nothing to enhance your car.

In regards to the warranty we offer a 3 year no questions asked warranty, if for what ever reason something fails we will replace it no questions asked, as long as its when your warranty period. In the time that I have been with the company I have yet to see a completely failed unit.

I hope that I have answered any questions that you might have had, and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
The self promotion is a bit off-putting. Will you or will you not disclose the price of the unit for all to see? What's the big deal?

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Sauron

In regards to "open pricing" we as many other 12v manufactures do not sell directly to the public as our sales are directed to the 12v distributers and expeditors who in turn move our products through the correct channels and this is why we do not and can not post pricing on an "open forum". We do have online sales distribution with our partners and this pricing is very easy to find, if someone needs pricing we are more than happy to put you in contact with the correct partner so you may purchase our product.

We are more than happy to PM members with pricing and ordering instructions.
That makes no sense. What's to prevent me from reposting the price in the PM? What is so secret about the price that you can't post a suggested retail price in the open like any other business would? You don't think that's ridiculous? I can't say that instills confidence.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
zzzz...the whole thing sounds rather dodgy. You could clear it all up by:

a. posting your suggested retail price
b. posting a list of installers

I don't see how any of that could harm your installers. That way, we know how much it costs and the name of a potentially local installer to discuss the quality and performance of the unit in real life. I'm not sure why you'd claim to have installer loyalty in mind and then also say that you'll PM people lower prices in the same public forum. Seems like both consumers and installers are getting the run around.

Best,

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Can we simply let this go...... you can keep asking and pointing out your opinion on it but s/he is not going to post it.

I am actually quite interested in the product and would rather we didn't flame the lad for posting here.

We're all adults right?

Cheers,

AB

·
Registered
2011 sorento lx auto I4 awd
1 Posts
When I emailed them & ask for a price. They said give us your phone number & a rep would call. I don't like giving out my phone number. I was interested now I'm not they lost a possible sale.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
That all sounds very weird. Prices via private messages, phone calls etc etc.
Could you please tell your open retail price here ? I would like to know.

BTW,
"Serving North America Since 2009!"

Your domain was registered in 2010 :D lol

Domain Name: UNAVI-USA.COM
Creation Date: 24-aug-2010
Expiration Date: 24-aug-2013

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
The other posters are right. Some transparency would be nice. This is like asking a dealer what certain charges are on the paperwork when buying a car.

I'm not really sure how you are protecting your dealers by not disclosing the retail price to consumers. You can still offer discounts to consumers, even after disclosing the full retail price publicly. You are ripping off your dealers either way. You still state that you are giving discounts to people via PM. It doesn't really matter how you give the discount whether it is through a PM or on a public forum, you are still stating you will give people a discount. If the contract you have with your dealers says you can't state retail prices publicly, but you can still sell the units on your own privately, that is a pretty crappy contract that they are entering into. I deal with contracts and grants daily and there is no way I would enter a contract like that.

However, you are entitled to operate your business as you see fit. You aren't winning any friends by arguing with potential customers here though. The easiest thing to do would be to post prices and offer discounts from time to time on some products. That is what the rest of the "normal" business world does. Perhaps it is the fact that you are being governed by corporate in Korea and will get slapped on the wrist. Who knows.

When a business only wants to privately share prices though, it sets a bad precedent and indicates that people may be paying different prices for these units. I don't really think we need to get into the legality of your business practices in public though.

Last but not least, isn't there a section on the forum for businesses to sell their crap in?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts