Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNAVI USA is proud to announce our Navigation System for the 2011+ Kia Optima with and without UVO System. Our integrated multi-media management aftermarket navigation system for your 2011+ Optima has an OEM fit and finish. It retains all of the factory features and controls, such as the UVO System including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

+ RETAIN FACTORY UVO SYSTEM (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

2011+ Optima without UVO

2011+ Optima with UVO System

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
Looks very promising and attractive.
- Why do I have to sign up to see the price? Sorry I do not like that. No-go.
- Most likely deal breaker will be map update availability and price. While Garmin offers 4x a year updates for free if you charge for maps no matter how unit is good it is a no-go.
- I could not find NAVI manual on your site.

No matter my opinion, it IS very interesting product for Hyundai car family and I would urge anybody who likes big screens to do further research of your product.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks very promising and attractive.
- Why do I have to sign up to see the price? Sorry I do not like that. No-go.
- Most likely deal breaker will be map update availability and price. While Garmin offers 4x a year updates for free if you charge for maps no matter how unit is good it is a no-go.
- I could not find NAVI manual on your site.

No matter my opinion, it IS very interesting product for Hyundai car family and I would urge anybody who likes big screens to do further research of your product.
MaybeKia

Our Kia Navigation Systems are very unique, and there is nothing else like it in the 12v aftermarket for Kia. In regards to pricing not being available directly with us we have very strict guid lines as our product is distributed thru expediters, as well as with 12v Stereo shops. This to protect pricing structures, now this being said we can direct someone who is interested to one of our distributors for pricing.

Now as for Map updates, are free as they roll out. Once you place your order and have our system installed there is not additional pricing for map updates.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
13 Optima T-GDI, 08 Rondo, 06 Spectra, 04 Optima
110 Posts
Sorry to pi$$ on your thread but you should look at Navmax which has a much better marketing program. Its being discussed in the optima dedicated forums. Has contact here in the states. Open pricing advertised (<$800). Youboob videos showing the install and product components. The unavi looks and specd the same. So it's essentially a new faceplate and trim piece that requires you to remove your stock faceplate (with the knobs and screen) and replace it with the new one on the stock head unit. The 2w x 1 I assume is the dedicated GPS speaker output that is included. This would have been more desirable to have that integrated with the car speakers.
I will say its a cool concept to modulize the head unit like this and allow for a ui and GPS upgrade modules. I would expect to see more of these and cheaper prices in the future.

·
Registered
110 Posts
PMd you for where to obtain the product at your pices quotes here. The car toys shops want WAY too much money to install it, and give all kinds of excuses from no warranty to only 1 year if they don't install it. And sales pitches for items like jvc and others on special for a fraction of the cost. From the information provided, here is a summary (which may not be all accurate, if you would please validate and clarify)

- 3 year warranty is only if they (or authorized seller) install the unit. Otherwise there is either no warranty and one shop indicated it was only 1 year no matter what. Ultimately no store would sell me the unit without installation!

- Funcationality is MOSTLY maintained. We have the UVO system. We were told UVO updates have to be performed by replaceing the stock head unit!?!?! One store indicated your product replaces UVO and your updates now include the latest version of UVO. I don't believe this because I do not see you listed with MS for licensing. The UVO product is exclusive with Kia and under other names for Hyundai, GM and Ford.

- It was described by one store that a control box is placed in the glove box which provides, SD, USB and Aux inputs. The existing UVO inputs located below the climate controls become non-functional.

My wife would like to add built in Nav like her previous car. But we chose the UVO system over nav because of it's funcationality her previous car didn't have. She wants to keep UVO functions and voice commands and add Nav without replacing the complete system with an aftermarket stereo. We didn't get this warm feeling calling around about price and features. HOWEVER one store, think it was in Frisco, TX(?) gave you all big kudos for support with an install issue where you actually sent someone out to fix a problem with a hyundai. But they also felt with the cost of the product like this it was kind of expected. I could buy a few navmax for what I was being quoted!

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is a group buy going on in the optima forum for the next 3 months if anyone is interested. David is a great guy to work with and very upfront with all the information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts