Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the rear rotors, but I can't get them off. Is there some special trick needed? I have been replacing brakes/rotors for 20 years, and yet I can't seem to figure this one out. I don't want to use force and break the e-brake or something, which i think is causing the hang up. There isn't even an adjuster to compress the e-brake pad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,932 Posts
Hi...
It would help if you supplied year/model/transmission/country..
Without anything to go one it's hard to help you.
Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi...
It would help if you supplied year/model/transmission/country..
Without anything to go one it's hard to help you.
Dave
The year is 2010 Forte EX with auto trans/USA. I am basically trying to figure out how to compress the e-brake to let the rotors slide off. I'm sure that this is the issue. Other vehicles have a spinner that you can compress/expand the e-brake shoes, yet I can't find one on this vehicle. Does anyone have the factory schematics for the rear brake assembly / rotors so I can judge how the e-brake is installed?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,932 Posts
I have seen on my daughters Hyundai Sonata that the adjustment for the ebrakes was through the actual drum and not behind the wheel hub ass'y... Not where I would have thought it would have been. There was a rubber plug on the drum/disk. Rotated the drum to move the plug to the bottom and the adjustment ratchet was right there...
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts