Kia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento XS 2.5 CRDTI 2006/2007
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for the first service on my 2004 Sorento 2.5XS?

Steve W

·
Registered
72 Posts
:crying:
Cost me £176 for 1st told it is around £250 ish for second. When you consider all the 1st service was an oil & filter change ( NOT air filter ) & quick look around it really is a rip off !!! A mate who owns his own garage changed the oil filter
( Genuine Kia filter ) & put fresh oil in at 15,000 miles & charged me £20 ................ MMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!
If you ask why I changed the oil again, I tow a caravan away most wkends & the old diesel engine's always prefer a regular oil change, hence changing at 5,000 intervals.

I'm on 18,000 now so the second service is looming fast >>>>>>>>> :crying: :( :angry: :eek:

Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine is having it's 10,000 mile service on wednesday and the price you say (around £180) is quite reasonable for brand dealer servicings. The 12,000 mile servicing on my Landrover Freelander cost £410, oh sorry I asked them to change one of the wiper blades so that should take it down to £408. They'e all rip off merchants but Kia are reasonable rip off merchants.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Bit harsh to call them rip off merchants.
The building has to be paid for, staff, training, equipment, rent rates etc...
And there isn't that much in actually selling a car, very low % comapred to what they cost.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe that it is no longer a requirement to have services carried out by main dealers to preserve the warranty, as long as the service history is maintained and stamped up to date.

What I am not sure about, is whether there is a motor industry standard to which the service centre/garage must be accredited for this to be accepted by the manufacturer.

Does anyone know any more about this?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
44 Posts
not 100% sure on this, can only talk about what my clients say....

but the new ruling isn't in just yet, I think its coming soon tho. it will change a LOT of dealers attitudes towards servicing as they now have 'backstreet' competition

can only be good news in my mind ( and pocket!)

as I say,.....this may be old news and the rule in already :(

I paid £420 for a service on my Audi A3 1.8T,...so £200 is for nothing!!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
44 Posts
yep

just spoke to some collegues....its all live now!

anyone can do it as long as they are a trading business, not your mate in his back yard!

happy days! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yes, anyone can service your vehicle, but must use genuine parts, and must follow the manufacturers schedule.
I know for a fact without a dealer history KIA WILL ask for full proof before any warranty claim is even considered.

·
Registered
Sorento XS 2.5 CRDTI 2006/2007
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just for the record had Ist service yesterday cost £197.04, quite a bill for just changing the oil & filterand pumping up the tyres. |

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recent service on a Mitsibushi shogun was £395 at main dealer and an interim service is approx £200. BUT I can tell you Sorento owners that at 10000 mile servicing intervals you are well off, as my shogun interval was 4500 mls nd 9000mls.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have read the previous posts regarding service charges with amazement, I too have just had my sorento diesel serviced for the first time, 10,000 miles, I must admit I did not check with the garage regarding the price prior to the car going in, but having read the posts on this subject I was expecting a bill for around £170, however I was very surprised to get a bill for £142. The bill shows correct ie oil,filter,screen wash and the various checks. The garage in question is a Kia dealer in Kirbymoorside in North yorkshire. :banana:

·
Registered
5 Posts
yep

just spoke to some collegues....its all live now!

anyone can do it as long as they are a trading business, not your mate in his back yard!

they will not be able to refuse as long as sevice book is stamped and correct filters used this is to stop main dealers ripping us off]

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Last time 'I' dealt with a warranty claim for a car that was serviced outside the dealer network, Kia required full set of invoices and proof of items checked before authorising a claim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking at the sorento for towing a caravan and not wanting to cause offence but £175 for a 10k service is a rip off. I paid £120 for my BMW 330D at my local dealer and it is on a 12500 service interval with a bigger engine. The second interval service was £220 which includes all filters and other stuff. Will make me think twice about changing as the costs appear on par with the impreza i had a few years ago....now that was an expensive machine....new set of tyres every 10k miles!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.