Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento EX AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We recently purchased a 2021 Sorento EX and are trying to figure out all the options and features.

1. The auto-engine stop can be disabled by pressing the (A) button behind the shifter. Is there a way to make this permanent? I know it's designed to save fuel, but in 5 or 6 years, I'll probably need a new starter. No offence to the idea behind it, but cars that first started this idea in the early-mid 2010's are all now needing replacement starters. Unless Kia designed the Sorento with a robust starter... ??

2. Software to manage the car - I have Forscan for my Ford truck, and DICE/VIDA for my Volvo. Is there something similar for Kia's? I'm aware of Kia Connect, but I'm after the one that has diagnostic/dealer type settings.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line 2.5T AWD
4 Posts
I've had my eye on this for a while:

I've been selfishly waiting to come across someone else's experience with it (or something similar), but I may pull the trigger on it soon.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
471 Posts
Hi everyone,

We recently purchased a 2021 Sorento EX and are trying to figure out all the options and features.

1. The auto-engine stop can be disabled by pressing the (A) button behind the shifter. Is there a way to make this permanent? I know it's designed to save fuel, but in 5 or 6 years, I'll probably need a new starter. No offence to the idea behind it, but cars that first started this idea in the early-mid 2010's are all now needing replacement starters. Unless Kia designed the Sorento with a robust starter... ??

2. Software to manage the car - I have Forscan for my Ford truck, and DICE/VIDA for my Volvo. Is there something similar for Kia's? I'm aware of Kia Connect, but I'm after the one that has diagnostic/dealer type settings.
I've had my eye on this for a while:

I've been selfishly waiting to come across someone else's experience with it (or something similar), but I may pull the trigger on it soon.
@Forkster
1: The best solution is wedging an object (I use a cutoff tip of a small black zip tie) to depress the button. I know it's ridiculous, but it works for the SSG and does not work for the auto hold. Some believe it's not able to be eliminated due to government regulations, but I do not know.

2: There is one company that makes a dongle for the Stinger that I've found. K8Stingerstore.com makes it and the videos do some things, but there is not one for the Sorento. I've already messaged them about the demand, but no response (over 6 weeks). I had a Carly device on my BMW which did everything, but German car tuners are quick on the new tech.

@SkipJack
I've had that device in my cart and almost pulled the trigger numerous times. I actually haven't seen any real-person reviews or installs of it. They also have the proximity door lock module, but it will only fully work with vehicles with auto folding mirrors from the factory (which I don't have). If you don't have auto-folding mirrors it with only unlock on approach, but not lock on departure (or vice versa...). I'm sticking with the zip tie method until I see some other solutions or reviews of that module.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line 2.5T AWD
4 Posts
@Forkster
1: The best solution is wedging an object (I use a cutoff tip of a small black zip tie) to depress the button. I know it's ridiculous, but it works for the SSG and does not work for the auto hold. Some believe it's not able to be eliminated due to government regulations, but I do not know.

2: There is one company that makes a dongle for the Stinger that I've found. K8Stingerstore.com makes it and the videos do some things, but there is not one for the Sorento. I've already messaged them about the demand, but no response (over 6 weeks). I had a Carly device on my BMW which did everything, but German car tuners are quick on the new tech.

@SkipJack
I've had that device in my cart and almost pulled the trigger numerous times. I actually haven't seen any real-person reviews or installs of it. They also have the proximity door lock module, but it will only fully work with vehicles with auto folding mirrors from the factory (which I don't have). If you don't have auto-folding mirrors it with only unlock on approach, but not lock on departure (or vice versa...). I'm sticking with the zip tie method until I see some other solutions or reviews of that module.
I have had both the ISG disable module and the proximity lock module in my cart also and just can't quite do it (yet). But hell, I'd buy that Canbus control in a second if it were available for the Sorento. I'll keep an eye on that, thanks for the link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts