Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Pro_Cee'd 1.6 Dynamic (2013)
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ..

I've been listening to my music .. well let's say loud but not too much .. around "22 - 25" (max. is 35). Last week I was listening to "Fuel" by Metallica and I've noticed that tweeters are starting to sound a little different which sounded like getting and loosing connection to the main unit . .something like sort of "tv static". It happened couple of times and came back to normal .. Then day after it happened again which in the end resulted as no high tones .. meaning tweets must be dead ;o)
Car is 2.5 years old and I'm mostly sure that warranty doesn't cover speakers, or does it? ;o)
Anyways, does anyone have the slightest idea how much these tweets would cost to get them new trough official dealer? ;o)

Thanx in advance for the info ..

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Take it to dealer, they'll test & order replacement.
My first exchange the dealer ordered a 'front right cee'd speaker' which didn't fit, so they ordered a few other cee'd speakers and one of them was correct.

Standard speakers are absolute rubbish mate, I've had 2 units replaced under warranty and I think the front right has gone again.
I'll just replace all with some reasonable (£80-100) 6.5" 2 way speakers and probably get a big improvement in sound quality too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts