Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed the instruction in the Owners Manual and cannot seem to get the Gear Indicator Display off in the ODO Display. I followed the instruction (be in ECO mode and Use Trip display on (A and B), and still cannot turn it off. All that resulted in a HOLD of the Trip Button, was to reset the Trip Counters. Am I doing something wrong? I can change the Temperature Units OK, but cannot turn the Gear Display off for my 2013 Soul 4U. :mad:

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
it says "if equipped", I don't think it is, that's why it doesn't work. Why would you want to turn it off anyway? Besides that's for manual transmission and a 4u doesn't come with that.

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My Owners Manual does not say "if equipped". It clutters the display and my Soul 4U is both Manual and Automatic. If you look at the picture in the Manual, it IS an Automatic Transmission Display.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
If the display is anything like our Cerato, I wouldn't describe it as cluttered; just shows D when in auto, but gives gear number in manumatic mode. I'd prefer gear number rather than D in auto as well.

Are sure that you are reading the instructions correctly? What you've posted implies that you can't use the normal trip function when in ECO mode. Although your post does include a smiley that may be an unintended rendition of your original text.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My Owners Manual does not say "if equipped". It clutters the display and my Soul 4U is both Manual and Automatic. If you look at the picture in the Manual, it IS an Automatic Transmission Display.
The 4u does not come with a standard manual transmission (with a clutch). Auto transaxle means automatic or sports mode (manual shift)

I checked my copy of the 2013 Canadian Owners Manual before I replied. If you look on page 4/47 it shows a Type A and Type B display and at the bottom it says "Manual trans-axle shift indicator ON/OFF (if equipped)", then on the next page it states "you can turn the shift indicator on/off on the instrument cluster in this mode.............................................."

The auto shift indicator is stated on page 4/49 but no mention of changing the display. (it's also the same in my 2012 Canadian Owners Manual too)
What page are you looking at?

The green ECO light does not display in the trip computer screen but above in the speedo section of instruments when you press the ACTIVE ECO button which is standard on all automatic transmission.

still puzzled as to why you would think it would be clutter when its telling you where your shift lever is located.

·
Registered
2013 Soul Base, AT, Titanium and 2013 Sorento, 4 cyl, Blue
104 Posts
You're going to either get a letter display for automatic mode or a number if in manual mode. What are you seeing? Are you trying to get rid of any indication?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts