Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2011 Kia Sorento about 2 months ago. My dash turn signal lights indicated I need a new bulb. (Blinking quickly) Eventually Stopped working so got a new bulb. (front left) So the old bulb looked perfectly fine which I found odd but whatever I still changed it and It worked fine. Then a few hours later started blinking quickly like before but the bulb still worked. Now Less then a week later it doesn't work at all. I checked both fuse boxes and saw nothing that referred to my turn signals at all. I even went into the cars manual and saw nothing. Now the weird part.. when I unlock my car the signal still lights up. When I turned on my hazards it works to. It just doesn't work when I use my turn signal. So now I have no idea what my next step should be. Any advice is appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
679 Posts
I've seen or heard this happen when someone changes some of their lights to LEDs. I think it has to do with a different load being put on the circuit. I've also heard it could be one of the modules. I'm not saying it's either, just saying that Ive seen, heard or read about those. Good luck.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,144 Posts
Try spraying some WD-40 on it, the socket, or the bulb. See if that helps?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sedona SX
31 Posts
What did this wind up being? I am having similar problem with my rear turn signal and running lights.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
8 Posts
A similar thing happened with my Sorento. It was the turn signal that was shorting out and causing the headlights to flicker during a turn with the blinker on. Scary at night time when your headlights cut off. It was a faulty turn-signal "cap" that the bulb attaches to.. the little metal prints on the outside of the cap that contact the electrical leads on the headlight turned out to be burnt/sorted out and was slightly sorter than normal. I trip to the "stealership" for the cap and $26 later. problem fixed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts