Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2011 Sorento for about 6 months and for the life of me cannot figure out if there's a switch to turn on all the interior lights. I'm not talking about manually reaching up and pushing the light button so each light comes on. In every vehicle I've owned (early 90's and newer) has some sort of switch that will turn on all the interior lights. On my Jeep, you turn the gauge dimmer knob past a certain point and ALL the interior lights turn on (front, back seat, and cargo lights).

Does the Sorento have a switch like this or is it something Kia overlooked?

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sorento
10 Posts
Interior Lights

Was wondering same thing. Never found a way to turn them on. Nearing 25K. Just got a recall notice for the brake light replacement. Had the car 3 years and no major problems. Still like it! 2011 Sorento EX. :)

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
I looked good to and never found a way, pretty surprised about that.:huh:
I also got the brake light switch recall but have never had a problem, now approaching 40k so im gonna wait on it.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
815 Posts
I think i looked for that kind of light once. Haven't thought about it much. I typically the front map lights which are overall muc brighter and illuminate a wider area than my previous cars.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
584 Posts
What's the main reason why do you wanna turn all the lights on in the first place?
To read something? Or just to light up the inside of your sorento.

IMHO, there's no need for that switch, coz you have the map lights when you wanna see something in the driver's row. You have the mid dome light for the second row, and you have the cargo light in the last row. I just don't see reason why turn them on all at once (esp while the car is moving).

Turn all the switch to door, then open a door.
That will switch them on :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe you don't have kids...

It's night time, they drop something in the back seat and can't find it. They aren't tall enough to reach the dome light while seated. You're busy driving and shouldn't have to turn around to turn on the dome light for them. There should be a switch on the dash to turn on all the lights.

This is a pretty stupid oversight on Kia's part to not have this. This is the first car I have ever owned that didn't have this.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
584 Posts
Oh, i see now.

On the contrary, if car companies sees that reason as somewhat of high importance, all cars would be equipped with that 'turn-on-all-the-lights switch'.

I'd suggest, for the mean time that you don't have that switch, just tell your kids to wait till you get to your place, or till you stop at one point to get their fallen toy. Or better, have somebody retrieve it for them.

An easier fix i'd say :)

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
wait, cant you reach that with your right hand at all if its just the middle dome light? its not that far?

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sorento
10 Posts
Miserable Know it All

And I'd suggest, maybe if you'd get "your ashes hauled" you wouldnt be such a miserable know it all!!!!

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Maybe you don't have kids...

It's night time, they drop something in the back seat and can't find it. They aren't tall enough to reach the dome light while seated. You're busy driving and shouldn't have to turn around to turn on the dome light for them. There should be a switch on the dash to turn on all the lights.

This is a pretty stupid oversight on Kia's part to not have this. This is the first car I have ever owned that didn't have this.
No your right, every car ive owned and almost all I have ridden in have some way to turn on all the interior lights. There have been many times I wish I could turn on the cargo area light from the driver seat. But its not a deal breaker. And the obvious one, the third seat is best for kids and most of them wouldn't be able to reach it. HA, arguement over. Thread closed, I win....^_^:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts